Professional Web Applications Themes

Sites do not recognize I have Flash - Macromedia Flash Player

I have the latest version of Flash but when I go to a site that requires it the site does not recognize that I have it and tells me to get it. I go to the site and go throught the download proceedure and go back to the site and continued...

  1. #1

    Default Sites do not recognize I have Flash

    I have the latest version of Flash but when I go to a site that requires it the
    site does not recognize that I have it and tells me to get it. I go to the site
    and go throught the download proceedure and go back to the site and it still
    won't work? How can I correct this problem?????

    Thanks,
    sp1ke56

    sp1ke56 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sites do not recognize I have Flash

    Which site ? It could well be a bug in the html tags for flash detection in
    the site itself.
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  3. #3

    This is one site and the other was a site I was referred to but I don't remember what it was?

    [url]http://www.matchbox.com/home.aspx[/url]

    Thanks,
    sp1ke56
    sp1ke56 Guest

  4. #4

    Sp1key:

    I'm having the same problem. I went to You Tube and the site immediately pops
    up and says that I don't have the latest version of Flash Player. I clicked on
    the "get the latest version" link and went to the update page. When I clicked
    on the download now button the page immediately changed to say download
    successful. I wasn't given any options to download, no file path, nothing.
    Just a message saying download successful. I went back to the youtube page and
    tried again. I got the same result; it doesn't recognize my Flash player.
    Here's the youtube link:

    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLt5_ME_2_M[/url]

    You Tube isn't the only site I had a problem with today. I also had a problem
    with the Sony site. They don't recognize that I have the latest Flash version
    either. I have no idea what's wrong. Can someone help me figure this out?

    Thanks

    Pancho Blinkey Guest

  5. #5

    Pancho,
    What you described is what happened to me but when I went to the youtube site
    everything worked fine. Even thought the kids playing the music were about the
    age of my grandkids I actually listened to and enjoyed the entire song. I guess
    it must just be certain sites that have conflict with Flash???

    sp1ke56

    sp1ke56 Guest

  6. #6

    Sp1ke:

    I tried the site in your post and got the message that I didn't have the
    latest version of Flash. Once again I did the download thing and went back to
    the site. It still doesn't recoginze my Flash. Is there anyone here from
    Adobe that can answer our question?

    Pancho

    Pancho Blinkey Guest

  7. #7

    I'm having the same problem. One second flash sites were working, now they're
    not. I've downloaded, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, and I still can't
    view flash items through the browser.

    This is the message I get:
    The page ?ussoccer.com - Home? has content of MIME type
    ?application/x-shockwave-flash?, but you don?t have a plug-in installed for
    this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplaye[/url]

    I've searched for "application/x-shockwave-flash" on the adobe site but can't
    find any answers.

    Trent Davol Guest

  8. #8

    I had same problem. After MANY attempts to install FP for use with IE, I
    finally got the Adobe 'You have successfully installed Flash Player' only to
    find that Flash was being detected by only certain sites (such as funbrain.com
    for kids) but comedycentral.com and youtube.com -- nada.

    As I posted elsewhere, I gave up on FP for IE, and I am happy to say FP DOES
    work with no problems for all sites with Netscape 8.1.2. So if you are as
    tired as I was trying to get FP to work with IE - try Netscape 8.1.2.

    P231 Guest

  9. #9

    I am having the same problem (vista, IE7). Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, enabled javascript, cleared temp files and cookies, etc. etc. Have same problem with matchbox.com and some, but not all Youtube videos. Have used other computers where there was no problem with matchbox.co

    From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_12_0_0_931760/Sites-do-not-recognize-I-have-Flash.ht

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    http://www.developmentnow.com
    Ublej Guest

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by sp1ke56 View Post
    Pancho,
    What you described is what happened to me but when I went to the youtube site
    everything worked fine. Even thought the kids playing the music were about the
    age of my grandkids I actually listened to and enjoyed the entire song. I guess
    it must just be certain sites that have conflict with Flash???

    sp1ke56

    Having same Problem, I have Adobe Flash player 10 installed but when using FireFox does not work when on You tube, IT DOES WORK when I use Internet Explorer on yuotube.
    still trying to fix as I prefer Firefox
    Unregistered Guest

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Having same Problem, I have Adobe Flash player 10 installed but when using FireFox does not work when on You tube, IT DOES WORK when I use Internet Explorer on yuotube.
    still trying to fix as I prefer Firefox
    Youtube uses Flash Player but some of the videos don't require it and can be seen with just html. That would account for some videos working but others not. I'm also having the problem and it's with multiple sites and does it on IE9 and Firefox. It did it after Flash Player recently did an auto update so I'm guessing it's something to do with them although they have no fix for it yet posted on their site. I'm going to try and uninstall using their stand-alone uninstaller and try to reinstall a previous version. Would suggest that to everyone else as well.
    Unregistered Guest