Professional Web Applications Themes
  1. #1

    Default Size and Proportion of Pictures

    In making a collage of many pictures I want to change the size of a photo by clicking on the sizing frame but KEEP THE PROPORTION (height and width) the same. The only way I can do this is by using the tool bar menu and typing in the new size. This is time consuming.

    Thanks Bill Johnson
    Wm. James Johnson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Size and Proportion of Pictures

    James,

    Actually, click on one of the anchor point, then press and hold the SHIFT
    key. This will activate the constraint proportion option. You'll be able
    to resive your image, but it won't get distorted.

    Oh, before I forget, this is a Windows command. I'm not sure if SHIFT is
    the key for Mac.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Ramond I read two books and couldn't find this trick with the Shift Key.
    Wm. James Johnson Guest

  4. #4

    I purchased a DVD/VCR unit which allows me to project JPEG images from a CD that I have burned. These images, which are excellent when viewed on my 19 in. PC Monitor are not sharp nor clear when viewed on my 35 in. TV.

    What has to be done to correct this?

    I use the following :
    1.Photoshop Elements 2
    2.Olympus Digital Camera D490-Zoom 2.3 Magapixels
    3.Windows XP Home Edition
    Bert Feiner Guest

  5. #5

    Bert, I read this a few months back on the full photoshop forum so if i can remember correctly it has to do with the way your TV broadcasts as compared to a Computer monitor. From what I can recall if you get actual slideshow software for burning to CD and then playing to TV DVD then the picture would improve. I had looked at this site not too long ago <http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/index.html> which looks like a good buy although I'm sure there are better ones.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  6. #6

    There is, unfotunately, nothing you can do to change the resolution of your TV (apart from moving somewhere where they use the 1000 line system, if anyone still does...). Your pc monitor has probably at least double the resolution.
    Moving images look sharp even at low resolution but not still pictures.
    Looking at the TV from further away and half closing your eyes to squint at it may help :-)
    Tel.
    Tel Guest

  7. #7

    Bert - there was a partial discussion of this a while back on another thread that went off topic kind of like this one has. The people who have said it's a issue of the resolution of your TV compared to the resolution of your monitor are correct. Apparently, though, there are some applications that can produce pictures on VCDs that are of a higher quality than others. Here's a chunk of that other thread:

    Jurgen Mayer - 07:49pm Aug 20, 2003 Pacific (#31 of 33)

    Good day Beth and Ray,
    Coming back to a note way up in this list regarding VCD: I tested several programs and Album is not the best for this. I get great pictures using the software that came with my DVD writer, creating a movie slideshow and burn it on a CD as SVCD. I also tested a corresponding DVD, but could not see a difference. It is the software, not the hardware.
    Some info about DVD and VCD is at
    <http://www.dvdrhelp.com/>
    at the left side.
    Arizona Jürgen