Professional Web Applications Themes

Sizing browser window, opinions.. - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, I know that the resizing of other peoples browser windows can provoke some robust reactions amongst the great and the good. So I'm asking for your opinions on the Valley Web Design's Just So Picture extension. I've been playing around with it all afternoon and think it works very well and I like it a lot :) There are a couple of examples on my w.i.p site under the Photography and Graphics menu butts. www.fasterthanu.com I would be very interested in your opinions, not on my site but the way it opens the links. Thanks Peter...

  1. #1

    Default Sizing browser window, opinions..

    Hi,

    I know that the resizing of other peoples browser windows can provoke some
    robust reactions amongst the great and the good. So I'm asking for your
    opinions on the Valley Web Design's Just So Picture extension. I've been
    playing around with it all afternoon and think it works very well and I like
    it a lot :)

    There are a couple of examples on my w.i.p site under the Photography and
    Graphics menu butts.

    www.fasterthanu.com

    I would be very interested in your opinions, not on my site but the way it
    opens the links.

    Thanks

    Peter

    PJR Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sizing browser window, opinions..

    Peter,

    I don't mind a resize that let's me see an entire image, assuming the
    image is of a reasonable size. (I'm pretty sure that's the intention
    behind the Just So extension.)

    What I object to are scripts that maximize my browser window. That's
    intrusive in the extreme as I have to resize to get back to my preferred
    method of working. It's really *really* annoying when I'm working on my Mac.

    Kim

    PJR wrote:

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh
    author, Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks

  3. #3

    Kim Cavanaugh wrote:
    || Peter,
    || I don't mind a resize that let's me see an entire image, assuming the
    || image is of a reasonable size. (I'm pretty sure that's the intention
    || behind the Just So extension.)
    || What I object to are scripts that maximize my browser window. That's
    || intrusive in the extreme as I have to resize to get back to my
    || preferred method of working. It's really *really* annoying when I'm
    || working on my Mac.

    First apologies this is completely the wrong place for this, i wasn't
    thinking, well I was but not about were to post this :)

    Thanks Kim,
    That was kind of what I was thinking. One click on the opened Just So window
    and you are back to where you were with everything the same as it was. I
    presume it's the same on a Mac?

    Peter.

    PJR Guest

  4. #4

    Peter:

    A resized child window is never a problem for anyone. Since you have opened
    it programatically, its size does not affect the main browser window
    defaults.

    It's when you resize the main window that things get annoying.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "PJR" <com> wrote in message
    like

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Murray *TMM* wrote:
    || Peter:
    || A resized child window is never a problem for anyone. Since you have
    || opened it programatically, its size does not affect the main browser
    || window defaults.
    || It's when you resize the main window that things get annoying.

    Murray,

    Thanks. This probably seemed like a stupid question; but better safe than
    sorry. I’ve been caught out to many times before, when I thought I knew the
    answer…only to be proved wrong.

    Thanks to both of you for the feedback. I’ll return into the fray with
    renewed confidence.

    Peter

    PJR Guest

  6. #6

    Peter:

    Good luck! 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "PJR" <com> wrote in message
    the

    Murray Guest

  7. #7

    In article <c0372a$rhm$macromedia.com>,
    Kim Cavanaugh <com> wrote:

    Make yourself a bookmark with this link:
    javascript:window.resizeTo(774,940);window.moveTo( 0,0);

    Change the dimensions to whatever you wish. In Mozilla, I edited some
    file (don't recall which) to put that link under the throbber. Or add it
    to your personal toolbar.

    --
    Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
    http://www.hummingbirds.net/

  8. #8

    Hey Peter

    I use the JustSo photo albums and I love them.

    Here's some pics for ya:

    http://www.aedngraphix.com/media/photos/the_dock/halloween_2003/

    Try and guess who won the costume contest:

    Baaaaaaa-ck at cha!!

    BR

    Bill Guest

  9. #9

    Bill Ray wrote:
    || Hey Peter
    || I use the JustSo photo albums and I love them.
    || Here's some pics for ya:
    || http://www.aedngraphix.com/media/photos/the_dock/halloween_2003/
    || Try and guess who won the costume contest:

    Thanks BR,

    I know who my winner is, but it doesn't have much to do with the costume ;)

    Peter

    PJR Guest

  10. #10

    Lemme guess.....it's a nurse? I like the tall aqua nurse. She was real
    nice too.

    BR

    Bill Guest

  11. #11

    It's a good job nurses don't look like that. Our hospitals are full enough
    as it is ;)

    Bill Ray wrote:
    || Lemme guess.....it's a nurse? I like the tall aqua nurse. She was
    || real nice too.
    || BR
    || PJR wrote:
    ||| Thanks BR,
    ||| I know who my winner is, but it doesn't have much to do with the
    ||| costume ;)
    ||| Peter

    PJR Guest