Professional Web Applications Themes

Sizing digital photos - Photography

Help, I am new to digital photography. 1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the PC screen? 2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via netscape to view them. thanks to whomever responds....

  1. #1

    Default Sizing digital photos

    Help, I am new to digital photography.

    1. When I load from camera to PC can I auto size the shots so they fit the PC
    screen?

    2. Why do my photos have a Netscape logo and I must access them via netscape
    to view them.

    thanks to whomever responds.
    Kenarber Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sizing digital photos

    Kenarber wrote:

    You don't need to resize the photos to view them on your screen.
    Download IrfanView from www.irfanview.com

    Your default viewer is Netscape because you don't have a viewer
    installed. Download IrfanView to view your pictures.

    Andrew Guest

  3. #3

    On 18 Jul 2003 20:49:35 GMT
    Kenarber ( com )
    Wrote

    This will be a function of your picture viewing program. There will be a
    menu item somewhere on your program saying something like "fit to
    screen". This will alter the way your pix are viewed but will not change
    their real size

    Your computer is set so that netscape is the default viewer for picture
    files. You will need to set your viewer program so it is default.

    Your camera should have arrived with a CD of software including a
    picture viewer. When you installed that software on your computer it
    should have given you the option of setting the viewer as default for a
    variety of picture formats.

    To open your files with something other than netscape, RIGHT click on
    one of your pictures. A menu will appear and one of the options is "Open
    with". Click on that, then another menu will appear click on "choose
    program" click that, and another menu will appear with all the programs
    on your computer capable of opening that type of file. Choose one of
    them, and that program will now be the default for that picture type. If
    you haven't loaded a viewing program, there is a rough and ready one
    that is part of Windows, called Windows Picture and Fax viewer.
    Alan Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Ronnie Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dragan Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. #6

    "Dragan Cvetkovic" <net> wrote in message

    > > Thanks to WHOEVER responds. Sorry if English is not your native[/ref][/ref]
    language.

    > Actually, this one is rather tricky. Have a look at
    > http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoever.html[/ref]

    Surely this reference is a joke. They come up with the right answer, but not
    knowing which case to use is not a good reason for using whoever or
    whomever. The whoever is the subject of the subordinate clause, so is in the
    nominative.

    I'll meet you in alt.english.usage.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Guest

  7. #7

    That was helpful. Is proper grammar a requirement for asking for help?

    Chris S.

    "Gary" <com> wrote in message

    > Thanks to WHOEVER responds. Sorry if English is not your native language.
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier[/ref]

    Chris Guest

  8. #8

    "Chris S" <com> writes:

    No. It's helpful to avoid the *really bad* mistakes that make
    sentences mean something else, and the medium-bad mistakes that leave
    us not knowing what the sentences mean in the first place, and the
    mildly bad mistakes that can make a paragraph a lot of work to read
    (some of us are more sensitive to this than others). But it's not
    *necessary*; many people will make considerable effort to figure out
    what you mean, and if you give them enough hints will get it right,
    even if you can't do it in crisp, clean, perfectly gramatical
    English.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, <net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
    David Guest

  9. #9

    David Dyer-Bennet <net> writes:

    _or_ correctly spelled. :->

    Legal Assistance on the Web | spam and read later. email to philip
    Phil Guest

  10. #10

    Help? I guess! You need a new life! Now yet another useless
    is added to my killfile! I'll get this place clean yet and
    then I read without anoying know-nothing babies asking the most stupid
    questions! FLUSSSSH!

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    "Kenarber" <com> wrote in message
    the PC
    netscape

    Tony Guest

  11. #11

    > > "Al Treacher" <com> wrote [/ref]
     [/ref][/ref]

    This is a problem we have with him here. He's an angry spoiled kid when
    his medication isn't working and he has delusions that he owns this place.
    This seems to happen often lately :( Judging by the time it happened,
    I'd guess maybe he just came in from closing down the bars. sad sad sad

    Steve Young

    Steve Guest

  12. #12

    "Kenarber" <com> wrote in message
    PC

    If you view the pictures in MS Internet Explorer under Windows XP, large
    pictures are automatuically resized to fit the screen. AFAK, all
    image-editing software lets you set the size of the picture on the screen.

    netscape

    That is strange. What camera are you using, and what is the file format.
    (It is usually .jpg.)

    Marvin Guest

  13. #13

    The response was a phony, by a troll. He is mad because I spoil his
    auctions. Killfile him and go on with your life.

    --
    "Al Treacher" <com> wrote in message
    >[/ref]

    Tony Guest

  14. #14

    We disagree. This is a digital camera discussion group, not a grammatical
    one. People get too uptight about the wording of a sentence. Spell check,
    I use it, I love it. If I didn't have it, things would be a lot worse.

    Chris S.

    --
    <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>

    Chris Guest

  15. #15

    You see Tony, it works in reverse. You are the injuring party here. The
    original poster is asking basic questions because he's a newbie. He even
    stated so. You are the for jumping on him for this.

    Flame suit on, except I won't hear Tony's replies.

    Chris S.

    "Tony Spadaro" <rr.com> wrote in message
    > the PC
    > netscape
    >
    >[/ref]

    Chris Guest

  16. #16

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:18:38 +0900, "Tony Spadaro"
    <rr.com> wrote:

    Hey, if there's anything I can't stand it's waiting for the shoe to
    drop. Killfile me now! I know something stupid is this way coming.

    --
    Tony Cooper aka: com
    Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s

  17. #17

    Tony Cooper wrote:

    > Hey, if there's anything I can't stand it's waiting for the shoe to
    > drop. Killfile me now! I know something stupid is this way coming.
    >[/ref]

    Only trouble is, the wasn't Tony - just someone pretending to
    be.

    --
    regards,
    dslr

  18. #18

    Tesselator wrote:

    Well, you didn't check very bloody hard did you?
    The impersonator was posting from a Japanese host, whilst Tony posts
    from a US host.

    Agreed, Tony can be a little blunt at times, usually with persistant
    idiots, never new people.
    However this (and other posts) went way beyond his style.

    --
    regards,
    dslr

  19. #19

    "dslr" <com> wrote in message news:com...

    > Well, you didn't check very bloody hard did you?
    > The impersonator was posting from a Japanese host, whilst Tony posts
    > from a US host.
    >
    > Agreed, Tony can be a little blunt at times, usually with persistant
    > idiots, never new people.
    > However this (and other posts) went way beyond his style.
    >
    > --
    > regards,
    > dslr[/ref]

    between an Ialian server and a Japanese one. I also use the same servers so
    I picked up on it quick. I also use 3 US based servers and one in Russia for
    that matter.

    Tesselator Guest

  20. #20

    In <supernews.com> on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:54:48 -0400,
    "Marvin Margoshes" <net> wrote:

    >If you view the pictures in MS Internet Explorer under Windows XP, large
    >pictures are automatuically resized to fit the screen. AFAK, all
    >image-editing software lets you set the size of the picture on the screen.[/ref]

    Most, perhaps, but not all, and even then it can be a manual process that
    isn't obvious.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas