Professional Web Applications Themes

Sizing Fireworks image for Dreamweaver - Precisely - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I'd be grateful for advice - How do I fit an image from Fireworks precisely into a set Dreamweaver table cell. For example, I have a table row that spans the entire page, and it is split into 2 equal columns. How do I get the image ( backgound table cell image which has a linear gradient) to be the precise size required. Thanks in advance Paul B....

  1. #1

    Default Sizing Fireworks image for Dreamweaver - Precisely

    I'd be grateful for advice - How do I fit an image from Fireworks precisely
    into a set Dreamweaver table cell. For example, I have a table row that
    spans the entire page, and it is split into 2 equal columns. How do I get
    the image ( backgound table cell image which has a linear gradient) to be
    the precise size required.

    Thanks in advance
    Paul B.

    Paul Beaty Guest

  2. #2

    Paul:

    I create a new page in DW. I insert an image on that page. It's inserted
    at precisely the same size as the image exists on my hard drive. I don't
    see a problem!

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Paul Beaty" <Paul.beatyntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Yes Murray, I was thinking the image had to be initially the correct size
    in
    > Fireworks before exporting. I'm slowly getting there in Dreamweaver, bit
    by
    > bit, but how do I now get Dreamweaver to resize the image correctly?
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Paul B.
    >
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > > Paul:
    > >
    > > You just insert it. DW will only change the image's size if you tell it
    > to.
    > > Are you having a problem with this?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > > ANSWERS
    > > ==================
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > ==================
    > >
    > > "Paul Beaty" <Paul.beatyntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'd be grateful for advice - How do I fit an image from Fireworks
    > > precisely
    > > > into a set Dreamweaver table cell. For example, I have a table row
    that
    > > > spans the entire page, and it is split into 2 equal columns. How do I
    > get
    > > > the image ( backgound table cell image which has a linear gradient) to
    > be
    > > > the precise size required.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance
    > > > Paul B.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Yes Murray, I was thinking the image had to be initially the correct size in
    Fireworks before exporting. I'm slowly getting there in Dreamweaver, bit by
    bit, but how do I now get Dreamweaver to resize the image correctly?

    Thanks again
    Paul B.

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > Paul:
    >
    > You just insert it. DW will only change the image's size if you tell it
    to.
    > Are you having a problem with this?
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "Paul Beaty" <Paul.beatyntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > I'd be grateful for advice - How do I fit an image from Fireworks
    > precisely
    > > into a set Dreamweaver table cell. For example, I have a table row that
    > > spans the entire page, and it is split into 2 equal columns. How do I
    get
    > > the image ( backgound table cell image which has a linear gradient) to
    be
    > > the precise size required.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > Paul B.

    Paul Beaty Guest

  4. #4

    Paul:

    HTML is HTML in any version of DW! 8)

    If you do not explicitly set many HTML tag attributes, then you give the
    browser permission to use its default values, e.g., page margins, cell
    spacing, table borders, etc.

    More often than not, the default values are NOT what you want. 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Murray
    >
    > I just fathomed it out - I didn't have the height + vertical spacing set
    > 0. Beforehand I was getting a thin white space completely round the image
    > which was noticeable when next to another table cell colour. I'm working
    > withv Dreamweaver 3, whether thats the difference?
    >
    > Thanks for advice regarding resizing when image exported into Dreamweaver.
    >
    > Paul B.
    >

    > Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > > Paul:
    > >
    > > I create a new page in DW. I insert an image on that page. It's
    inserted
    > > at precisely the same size as the image exists on my hard drive. I
    don't
    > > see a problem!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    Murray

    I just fathomed it out - I didn't have the height + vertical spacing set to
    0. Beforehand I was getting a thin white space completely round the image
    which was noticeable when next to another table cell colour. I'm working
    withv Dreamweaver 3, whether thats the difference?

    Thanks for advice regarding resizing when image exported into Dreamweaver.

    Paul B.

    Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > Paul:
    >
    > I create a new page in DW. I insert an image on that page. It's inserted
    > at precisely the same size as the image exists on my hard drive. I don't
    > see a problem!
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)

    Paul Beaty Guest