Professional Web Applications Themes

Slide order in pdf slideshow - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have seen previous threads with some suggestions, but have not seen a solution to getting the slideshow into the order wanted without very tedious dragging of the very small type image names in the very small box! I have tried putting the images in 001, 002, etc order but they still scramble when the list to 'select' comes up. If this is a bug with Elements who do we report it to? I have had much better luck with iPhoto, but I can't send that to Windows users! Help, Evelyn...

  1. #1

    Default Slide order in pdf slideshow

    I have seen previous threads with some suggestions, but have not seen a solution to getting the slideshow into the order wanted without very tedious dragging of the very small type image names in the very small box!
    I have tried putting the images in 001, 002, etc order but they still scramble when the list to 'select' comes up.
    If this is a bug with Elements who do we report it to?
    I have had much better luck with iPhoto, but I can't send that to Windows users!
    Help, Evelyn
    Evelyn Greenberg Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slide order in pdf slideshow

    I know this is hard to describe, but could you go into a little more detail about the source of the images you want to include? I just ran a small one with numbered images, and it worked just fine. (Well, it worked just fine if you don't count the fact I have to do a Command Q to get control of my computer back after the "show" is done!)
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    I have the slides on my desktop (Mac OSX) in one folder and the filenames of each slide starts with 001 thru to 253 -- this is the largest one I've done yet. When I open the folder on the desktop it shows in a list or as icons in neat order 001 to 253. When I select that folder for the slide show and select all the slides they appear in the pdf slideshow dialog box in a random order. That slideshow dialog box is small and it is very tedious to reorder the whole group!!
    I did do that earlier when I had a show with 110 slides and that took forever!
    Hope you can help.
    Evelyn
    Evelyn Greenberg Guest

  4. #4

    (Well, it worked just fine if you don't count the fact I have to do a
    Command Q to get control of my computer back after the "show" is done!)

    Beth, have you tried the ESC key? That quits slideshows on my Mac.

    Joe
    Joe Henry1000 Guest

  5. #5

    Oh, yeah, now I remember! I think you had to tell me that before, too. Heh, heh. So go read your e-mail. I made a coaster! But I also asked you a very important question. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  6. #6

    Evelyn, go to this thread and look at post #6. There is an anomaly in the way this PDF slideshow orders pictures.

    <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?7.1dea28d0/6>

    I didn't have any trouble with the way about 60 randomly selected images ordered themselves. I did select them individually, though. Are you by any chance doing a Select All?

    Since mine seems to be working without a problem, I think we're going to have to hope somebody else comes along with a different idea!
    Beth Haney Guest

  7. #7

    Beth and all: My experience with the Slide Show on a PC (sorry, we're
    Macless here...) is that I select (using Shift-click)
    a group of ordered photos in a folder and bring them into the Slide show
    dialog, and, lo and behold, something of biblical portent happens: the last
    becomes first and the first becomes last! Very annoying and only can be
    corrected by using your one-at-a-time method...

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  8. #8

    I saw that in that last thread, but that doesn't happen for me! 001 was first, and I selected it first, too. This is strange.
    Beth Haney Guest

  9. #9

    Beth and all,
    It does work if you select them one at a time, but even if I select 5 at a time they come in backwards (!) 5 comes first! This is impossible with 253 slides!
    I don't understand why a select all won't bring them in in order. It must be a bug. Who do you report one to????
    Until I can do this I'll have to put all the images edited in Elements into iPhoto to arrange them and run a slideshow. That does give me music, but I can't do different transitions and I can't save the file for a non Mac user in pdf format.
    Evelyn Greenberg Guest

  10. #10

    Evelyn, you can rearrange the slides in the Slide Show once you've selected
    all the slides and have the list in the dialog box. It's tedious, though -
    dragging and dropping the errant ones into place. But if there's any order
    that you can detect (like my first-for-last swap) it's somewhat easier. I
    agree that it's a deficiency and a nuisance to boot.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  11. #11

    Evelyn, which OS are you using? I was using OS 9.1 when I was experimenting, and I found I don't even have a Select All feature. It took me around 35 seconds to Shift>Click to highlight 140 images, and then they went into the PDF slideshow window in the exact order I wanted them. Granted, clicking 253 times isn't the ideal solution, but if it gets you the format you want, it ain't bad! :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  12. #12

    Beth,
    I am using OSX so that may account for some differences. I really did a shift>click to get all 253 selected at once. It's really a bug in the program. Makes no sense.
    I'd do it if I could do at least 5 at a time and have them appear in order, but if I select more than one at once it comes in in reverse of what I want.
    back to iPhoto!
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Evelyn
    Evelyn Greenberg Guest

  13. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  14. #14

    Has anyone tried the batch renaming in PE before creating the Slideshow? In the File menu> Batch processing...

    I have been doing batch renaming using Irfanview, mainly because it's faster (and I'm still new to PE), but the files always stay in order when I create a Slideshow from them in PE.

    Patti
    Patti Anderson Guest

  15. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Chuck Snyder Guest
    Moderated Post

  16. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Chuck Snyder Guest
    Moderated Post

  17. #17

    Chuck and all,
    Sorry, starting with the last and shift-clicking to the first doesn't work either. The first was 002 and the last 153 out of 253. Maybe that works on Windows machines since you go to start to shut down!!!JOKE
    Evelyn
    Evelyn Greenberg Guest

  18. #18

    Evelyn, it's a rare day around here when we learn that a PC may in fact do
    something slightly better than a Mac...

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  19. #19

    You guys do deserve a break every now and again, Chuck. After all, you have to put up with all that virus stuff. :)

    I meant to check the PDF slideshow on my Jaguar drive last evening but never had time. I'll try and remember to do that later this evening or tomorrow.
    Beth Haney Guest

  20. #20

    FWIW, the same thing happens to me in 10.1.5. I don't see anything to do to change it, so, Beth, if you find the magic solution, please let us know.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast