Professional Web Applications Themes

Slide Scanner with Automatic Bulk Feed - Photography

I have been scanning 35mm slides on a flatbed Epson scanner with reasonably good results. Now I have a project that requires scanning a very large number of 35mm slides (mostly in cardboard mounts) so I am looking for film scanners that have some form of bulk loading/feeding mechanism that can run in batch mode. The only one I have seen so far is the Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED with the optional slide feeder which will handle 50 slides in a batch. Is anyone aware of any other film scanners that have a slide loading/feeding mechanism? Does anyone have experience ...

  1. #1

    Default Slide Scanner with Automatic Bulk Feed

    I have been scanning 35mm slides on a flatbed Epson scanner with
    reasonably good results. Now I have a project that requires scanning
    a very large number of 35mm slides (mostly in cardboard mounts) so I
    am looking for film scanners that have some form of bulk
    have seen so far is the Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED with the optional slide
    feeder which will handle 50 slides in a batch.

    Is anyone aware of any other film scanners that have a slide

    Does anyone have experience with the 4000 ED (especially using the
    slide loader) they would care to share?

    Thanks!

    Eric
    Eric Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slide Scanner with Automatic Bulk Feed

    In article <google.com>,
    com (Eric) wrote:

    The Braun SlideScan 3200 uses straight or round slide trays to hold up
    to 100 glass, glassless, plastic or cardboard 2x2" slides in any
    combination. It automatically adjusts for different mount types. You can
    scan one slide, an individual slide, a group of slides or an entire tray
    of up to 100 slide fully automatically. Pre scan time is 15 secs, full
    res time is 90 secs. Uses USB and Firewire, shipped with cables and
    Photoshop Elements 2.0 and driver software. Retail price about 1,300.00.
    optical resolution 3,200 x 3,200 dpi.
    Available after next week and will be sold by camera stores.

    --
    HP Marketing Corp.
    Bob Guest

  3. #3

    Bob:

    That sounds like the kind of unit that might fit the bill. Do you
    know where I can get some detailed information on it? My searches
    using Google and Yahoo are yielding nothing.

    I would like something where I can set up fairly large batches to run
    automatically since I know they will take a while. I figure I can do
    at least two batches a day - set one up to run before I leave for work
    and set another one up to run overnight. If I could average 200 per
    day it would only take me a little more than a couple of months . . .

    Eric

    Bob Salomon <com> wrote in message news:<giganews.com>...

    > The Braun SlideScan 3200 uses straight or round slide trays to hold up
    > to 100 glass, glassless, plastic or cardboard 2x2" slides in any
    > combination. It automatically adjusts for different mount types. You can
    > scan one slide, an individual slide, a group of slides or an entire tray
    > of up to 100 slide fully automatically. Pre scan time is 15 secs, full
    > res time is 90 secs. Uses USB and Firewire, shipped with cables and
    > Photoshop Elements 2.0 and driver software. Retail price about 1,300.00.
    > optical resolution 3,200 x 3,200 dpi.
    > Available after next week and will be sold by camera stores.[/ref]
    Eric Guest

  4. #4

    http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/English.htm

    --
    HP Marketing Corp.
    Bob Guest

  5. #5

    Bob:

    New URL: http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/E/Products/scanner/scanner.htm

    not http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/English.htm

    Appearance is VERY similar to the Pacific Image PowerSlide 3600 - I
    wonder if they are the OEM for Braun for this device?

    Thanks for the lead!

    Eric
    Eric Guest

  6. #6

    In article <google.com>,
    com (Eric) wrote:

    Braun is the manufacturer of the scanner.

    --
    HP Marketing Corp.
    Bob Guest

  7. #7

    Bob:

    Not doubting that - but there is a stunning resemblance. If you
    quickly flip between http://www.scanace.com/en/product/ps3600.php
    and http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/E/Products/scanner/scanner.htm
    it's hard to not see the incredible similarity.

    Is it possible that Braun is the OEM for Pacific Image? I can't wait
    for somebody to review these two and get inside them to see if the
    similarity is only skin deep . . . or deeper.

    Eric

    Bob Salomon <com> wrote in message news:<giganews.com>...

    > You can go to the Braun site and look at the Multimag braun slide
    > projectors and you will see that the scanner is based on this body, has
    > the same transport system and takes the same trays. The Multimag has
    > been on the market for years.[/ref]
    Eric Guest