Make the BODY tag in the template looks something like this: And then add stuff to the onLoadExtras() function in the head where necessary. In this case that would be the 'Trans Slide Show - Init' behavior function call. Hope this helps. Regards, -- Marja Ribbers-de Vroed Company website: [url]www.flevooware.nl[/url] Dreamweaver extensions [url]www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver[/url] DMXzone - By developers for developers [url]www.DMXzone.com[/url] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => philk [ip] => pk@neveruse.com [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> slide show on template based pages - Macromedia Dreamweaver

slide show on template based pages - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I would like to run a slide show (rotating 3 pictures) on a template based page. Currently the picture resides in a table structure with body copy and additional product information. I have downloaded a few extensions show pic for PVII and trans slide show from FlevOOware. I am not seeing how to incorporate these on a template based page. Thanks for any help, Phil...

Default slide show on template based pages

I would like to run a slide show (rotating 3 pictures) on a template based
    page. Currently the picture resides in a table structure with body copy and
    additional product information. I have downloaded a few extensions show pic
    for PVII and trans slide show from FlevOOware. I am not seeing how to
    incorporate these on a template based page.

Thanks for any help,
    Phil

philk Guest

Default Re: slide show on template based pages

Thanks!
    "Marja Ribbers" <marjanospam.flevooware.nl> wrote in message
    news:bf30kn$pud$1forums.macromedia.com...
    Hi Phil,

There are several ways to handle this:

** number 1 (the simple way) **

The Trans Slide Show extension needs you to apply 1 or 2 behaviors to the
    page:
    1) The 'Init' behavior which would usually be applied to the onLoad event
    of the BODY tag
    2) Optionally, if not using the auto-play feature in the 'init' behavior,
    the 'Play' behavior, which would be applied to images or links to control
    going to the next/previous slide.

However, instead of applying the 'Init' behavior to the onLoad event of the
    BODY tag, you can apply it e.g. to the onLoad event for some IMG tag on your
    page (and thus not to the BODY tag).

** number 2 (this is the more generic solution) **

What I often do in this type of situation is add a standard function call to
    the BODY tag in the template and put extra behavior calls in that standard
    function on pages that need extra functionality.

Example:

In the head section of the template page put an editable region which looks
    something like:
    <!-- #BeginEditable "extraScripts" -->
    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function onLoadExtras() {
    return;
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    <!-- #EndEditable -->