Professional Web Applications Themes

Slideshow help! - Macromedia Flash Actionscript

Hi, I have read through every post I can find regarding automatic slideshows but none have provided any solution. In Flash MX Pro, how do you make a slideshow which pauses between slides using the actual slideshow functions of MX? As an example, if you open "presentation_finished.fla" which is installed with Flash MX, it has a slide tree on the left. Each slide can be viewed using the navigation buttons in the slideshow itself, but if the buttons were removed and I wanted a 5 second delay between each slide before it automatically plays the next, how is it done? ...

  1. #1

    Default Slideshow help!

    Hi,

    I have read through every post I can find regarding automatic slideshows but none have provided any solution. In Flash MX Pro, how do you make a slideshow which pauses between slides using the actual slideshow functions of MX?

    As an example, if you open "presentation_finished.fla" which is installed with Flash MX, it has a slide tree on the left. Each slide can be viewed using the navigation buttons in the slideshow itself, but if the buttons were removed and I wanted a 5 second delay between each slide before it automatically plays the next, how is it done?

    The code would need to be independant of the number of slides, so it just advances automatically. Surely this can be done by coding into the root slide?

    Thanks in advance

    Drmres webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slideshow help!

    Hi,

    Here is the solution. Just what is happening through buttons you can put that code in a function and call that function after some interval. I have modified the script in the attachment for that.
    To change the number of slides just change the value of --totalSlides-- variable.

    Cheers
    Nitin
    [url]http://www.nitinbhardwaj.com[/url]

    The reference material attached have copyrights of Macromedia and has been modified only for the solution of this problem.

    [url]http://webforums.macromedia.com/attachments/slideShow111.zip[/url]

    nITiNkIlLeRmEeRuT webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Try putting this as an object action of the root presentation slide:

    on(reveal) {
    advanceSlide = function ()
    {
    currentSlide.gotoNextSlide();
    }
    setInterval(advanceSlide, 5000)
    }

    --
    Ed Skwarecki
    Principal Architect

  4. #4

    on(reveal) {
    advanceSlide = function ()
    {
    currentSlide.gotoNextSlide();
    }
    setInterval(advanceSlide, 5000)
    }

    Thanks Ed, that did the trick for playing in Flash. Unfortunately it doesn't work when the the slideshow is embedded (linked) into the Director movie. All slides appear at the same time stacked on top of each other. Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated!

    Thanks nITiNkIlLeRmEeRuT too, though your suggestion does work, it is a slideshow using external images, not a "Flash Slideshow".

    Drmres webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    The Flash Xtra in the currently shipping version of Director & Shockwave only supports
    Flash Player version 6. Try changing the publish settings of your Flash movie to export
    for Flash 6 and see if that helps.

    --
    Ed Skwarecki
    Principal Architect