Professional Web Applications Themes

Slightly Off Topic: Digital Projector Quality - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hey Gang, I may post this question to multiple forums. I teach and consult a lot of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Many times I am using a digital display projector in a classroom. I often want to show the color management of these softwares. Or else I want to show a color adjustment in Photoshop, let's say. Many display projectors show crummy color. Does anyone have experience in using a particular make and model of display projector that exhibits good color fidelity? Does anyone know of a model that can be calibrated successfully? Sometimes I'm working Mac; sometimes PC Win ...

  1. #1

    Default Slightly Off Topic: Digital Projector Quality

    Hey Gang,

    I may post this question to multiple forums. I teach and consult a lot of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Many times I am using a digital display projector in a classroom. I often want to show the color management of these softwares. Or else I want to show a color adjustment in Photoshop, let's say.

    Many display projectors show crummy color.

    Does anyone have experience in using a particular make and model of display projector that exhibits good color fidelity? Does anyone know of a model that can be calibrated successfully?

    Sometimes I'm working Mac; sometimes PC Win XP; some classrooms are mixed.

    Any comments?

    Mike Witherell in Washington DC
    mikewitherell_at_jetsetcom_dot_net Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slightly Off Topic: Digital Projector Quality

    Dell makes some nice projectors, Mike, but only you can tell if it's
    good enough. The nice thing is that you have 30 days to decide. If you
    don't like it, send it back.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Bob,

    Oddly, Dell reasonably priced projectors have recently come into my classrooms, and I haven't been thrilled with them--even after using a Gretag Macbeth calibrator on them.

    But they are a relative bargain at about 1500 dollars.

    I wonder if any of them are more color critical than what I have been seeing.

    Mike
    mikewitherell_at_jetsetcom_dot_net Guest

  4. #4

    http://biz./bw/050823/235041.html?.v=1

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  5. #5

    Bob

    Dell's Total Satisfaction Return policy is 21 days. Used to be 30 but that changed some time ago.
    David Guest

  6. #6

    Yup. Right you are.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  7. #7

    Hey guys,

    I cross-posted this on the Mac Photoshop forum and Bruce Fraser says that currently offered Epson projectors please him with their fidelity.

  8. #8

    Yeah, well, don't expect to hear Dell on a Mac forum ;).
    Fred_Goldman@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Dell has some excellent products that are crossplatform. It's not Dell
    Computer anymore....It's Dell, Inc.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  10. #10

    There have been some very positive threads on Mac forum and websites about Dell's LCD monitors (I just bought one). Most peripherals like that these days are cross-platform with drivers for both Mac and Windows (or the drivers are already in the OS).
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest