Professional Web Applications Themes

Slightly OT: Trial version in Spanish? - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

Someone posted in another forum that he couldn't find a trial version of InDesign in Spanish. I thought he just didn't know how to get at it, but I also couldn't find one. Anyone around here knows if this is due to the non existence of one or to a not very functional site? (For example, you are first asked for the program, language and platform you want, and when you finally get to the download page, you are presented with a pulldown menu for choosing your version: English Mac, English Win, ..., but no Spanish version)? Just in case: ...

  1. #1

    Default Slightly OT: Trial version in Spanish?

    Someone posted in another forum that he couldn't find a trial version of InDesign in Spanish. I thought he just didn't know how to get at it, but I also couldn't find one.

    Anyone around here knows if this is due to the non existence of one or to a not very functional site? (For example, you are first asked for the program, language and platform you want, and when you finally get to the download page, you are presented with a pulldown menu for choosing your version: English Mac, English Win, ..., but no Spanish version)?

    Just in case: I got exactly the same results whether I logged in or not, or if I used the Spain or the United States site.
    Claudio_González@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Slightly OT: Trial version in Spanish?

    There is also no trial version in Swedish ;)
    The trial versions are always in English as far as I know.
    Nini Tjäder Guest

  3. #3

    Nini, in the case of InDesign, the pulldown menu offers English, French and German versions. And native speakers of Spanish easily outnumber native speakers of English, not to mention native speakers of French and German. No offence intended … :-)
    Claudio_González@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Yes I know that. But regardless of numbers of speakers/users of a language, every software company has certain prioritized areas and language groups for their software updates. Adobe among others. I think the priorities goes not by the number of speakers/users of a language in the world, but according to the numbers of the software sold and registred in a certain localized language.
    Nini Tjäder Guest

  5. #5

    Well, I have never seen official or unofficial figures on this, but most probably you are dead right. Things such as the neglect of the Adobe Forums in Spanish, not even written fully in Spanish and without hosts/moderators, would seem to confirm your opinion.
    Claudio_González@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Personally I have given up on localized versions and only use US English ones. At least then you get updates... ;)
    Nini Tjäder Guest

  7. #7

    Problem is, there are many Spanish speakers, mainly in Spain, who don't know any English at all. For them is is not easy to get by without localized versions.

    I also tend to prefer original versions because the quality of translations is not always the best.
    Claudio_González@adobeforums.com Guest