Professional Web Applications Themes

Smart Link Behavior Problem - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I got help on a question a few days ago, the Smart Link behavior was the solution. Now that I've got that worked into my site, it's causing a huge problem. I have a list of names of deceased classmates, when you click on their name a memorial page comes up for that person. I've set the properties of the Smart Link to make a window 500 x 400 pixels. The Smart Link was "Smart" and keep the settings for each name as I went down the list and added the behavior only changing the source file. A viewer e-mailed ...

  1. #1

    Default Smart Link Behavior Problem

    I got help on a question a few days ago, the Smart Link behavior was the
    solution. Now that I've got that worked into my site, it's causing a huge
    problem. I have a list of names of deceased classmates, when you click on
    their name a memorial page comes up for that person. I've set the properties
    of the Smart Link to make a window 500 x 400 pixels. The Smart Link was
    "Smart" and keep the settings for each name as I went down the list and added
    the behavior only changing the source file. A viewer e-mailed me saying the
    window opens fully and not the 500 x 400 like it's set to. I went in and
    checked out the properties and sure enough it was set correctly. I click the
    "No" don't center the window and then click it back to "yes." The file saw a
    change and so I saved, although it really hadn't changed any settings. I went
    out and it worked fine, it also fixed the other names. I believe doing the
    first one and then having the rest copy the first it corrects them all. I was
    glad I fixed it and they all worked, this was last night. Well today I got
    another e-mail about the same page, it was back to doing the same thing. So I
    was again went in and click "No" and then "Yes" for the center window and that
    fixed it. I'm guessing only temporarily again.

    Any ideas what's going on?

    Here are the links to pages I used the Smart Link on:

    http://www.hhsclassof68.com/memorial.html (working correctly as of 1/17/2008 -
    2:36PM CST)

    http://www.hhsclassof68.com/Class%20Pictures%20Pages/senior-a-e.html(click on
    picture with blue border around it...this denotes deceased classmate. not
    working correctly as of 1/17/2008 - 2:36PM CST)

    Thanks!

    Cody

    csnodgr2 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Smart Link Behavior Problem

    csnodgr2 wrote:

    Yep. The dpSmartLink() function isn't in the head of the page,
    presumably because it's based on a template. Copy the script tags
    containing dpSmartLink() from the page that works, and paste it into the
    editable region in the head of the page that has the problem.

    --
    David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
    Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)

  3. #3

    Thank you David!
    csnodgr2 Guest

  4. #4

    It worked, but now it doesn't....help!

    I do show that the script is within the template. I added it outside the template and then it disappears?

    Cody
    csnodgr2 Guest

  5. #5

    csnodgr2 wrote:

    You're obviously doing something wrong with the template. Post a
    question in a separate thread about adding behaviors to template child
    pages. Murray is much more up to speed on the idiosyncracies of
    templates than I am.

  6. #6

    Show us the context of the code you pasted into the template, please.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "csnodgr2" <com> wrote in message