Professional Web Applications Themes

So you think your database is secure!? - MySQL

So you think your database is secure!? Think again. Scuba by Imperva Database Vulnerability Scanner is a FREE, lightweight Java utility that safely scans Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL, and Sybase databases for known vulnerabilities and configuration flaws. Scuba by Imperva finds hundreds of flaws like unpatched software, unsafe processes and weak passwords: the high risk vulnerabilities that expose your databases to attack. Based on its assessment results, Scuba by Imperva creates clear, informative reports with detailed test descriptions. Summary reports, available in Java and HTML format, illustrate overall risk level. With Scuba by Imperva, you are quickly on your way to ...

  1. #1

    Default So you think your database is secure!?

    So you think your database is secure!?
    Think again.

    Scuba by Imperva Database Vulnerability Scanner is a FREE, lightweight
    Java utility that safely scans Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL, and Sybase
    databases for known vulnerabilities and configuration flaws. Scuba by
    Imperva finds hundreds of flaws like unpatched software, unsafe
    processes and weak passwords: the high risk vulnerabilities that
    expose your databases to attack.

    Based on its assessment results, Scuba by Imperva creates clear,
    informative reports with detailed test descriptions. Summary reports,
    available in Java and HTML format, illustrate overall risk level. With
    Scuba by Imperva, you are quickly on your way to meeting industry-
    leading best practices for database configuration, security and
    management.

    Scuba by Imperva has been developed by the Application Defense Center
    (ADC), one of the most authoritative groups in the Database Security
    space. While comparable products cost anywhere from a few hundred to
    several thousand dollars, Scuba by Imperva is fully functional and
    COMPLETELY FREE.

    You can download Scuba by Imperva from http://www.imperva.com/go/scubaugl

    For help and questions about Scuba by Imperva please email
    com

    system.audit@gmail.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: So you think your database is secure!?

    com wrote:

    Must not be worth much if you have to spam a MySQL newsgroup - and it
    doesn't even support MySQL.

    Guess you have a burning desire to harvest (and probably sell) email
    addresses.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  3. #3

    Thank you for you constructive comment.

    Some recent stats -
    95% of organizations run at least 2 different database platforms.
    70% of organizations run at least 3 different database platforms.
    Of the installed base of relational databases, MySQL has more than 20%
    of the installations. In terms of market-share DOLLARS, however, it
    has only 0.02%.

    Many database solution providers who target database users/
    administrators have not yet made the dollar investment to support
    MySQL because it does not *yet* make business sense to do so, however
    much of the MySQL database user community also is responsible for
    managing Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase and other enterprise databases.

    As for the worth of Scuba by Imperva, I will let the 2500+ users who
    have downloaded and used it so far to speak to the value of the
    application.

    One does not need to post to a Usenet group to harvest email, reading/
    scanning is sufficient.

    As far as who I am, my name is Harold Gibson and I am an independent
    technology product marketer.
    I hope you find Scuba by Imperva useful and I apologize to any members
    who have been offended by my "spam".
    Thx,
    - Harold

    s.....@gmail.com Guest

  4. #4

    com wrote:

    > Thank you for you constructive comment.
    >
    > Some recent stats -
    > 95% of organizations run at least 2 different database platforms.
    > 70% of organizations run at least 3 different database platforms.
    > Of the installed base of relational databases, MySQL has more than 20%
    > of the installations. In terms of market-share DOLLARS, however, it
    > has only 0.02%.
    >
    > Many database solution providers who target database users/
    > administrators have not yet made the dollar investment to support
    > MySQL because it does not *yet* make business sense to do so, however
    > much of the MySQL database user community also is responsible for
    > managing Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase and other enterprise databases.
    >
    > As for the worth of Scuba by Imperva, I will let the 2500+ users who
    > have downloaded and used it so far to speak to the value of the
    > application.
    >
    > One does not need to post to a Usenet group to harvest email, reading/
    > scanning is sufficient.
    >
    > As far as who I am, my name is Harold Gibson and I am an independent
    > technology product marketer.
    > I hope you find Scuba by Imperva useful and I apologize to any members
    > who have been offended by my "spam".
    > Thx,
    > - Harold
    >
    >[/ref]

    So they use different databases. They monitor those newsgroups, also.
    Your post is still off-topic. And so what if it's been downloaded 2500+
    times. Make it 2,500,000+ times and it might be worth something.

    And you're not an 'independent technology product marketer" - you're
    just an "independent spammer".

    --