Professional Web Applications Themes

Solution to Error can't find Macromedia player - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

:grin; I believe I have figured out the solution. Go to this [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#uninstallerand[/url] click on "download the windows uninstaller." Follow the prompts and completely uninstall the player and Active X. Once this is done go to [url]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFl[/url] ash and it will install the complete version instead of the updates which have been problematic....

  1. #1

    Default Solution to Error can't find Macromedia player

    :grin;
    I believe I have figured out the solution. Go to this
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#uninstallerand[/url] click on
    "download the windows uninstaller."
    Follow the prompts and completely uninstall the player and Active X. Once
    this is done go to
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFl[/url]
    ash and it will install the complete version instead of the updates which have
    been problematic.

    Nikki Tatts Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Solution to error could not find macromedia flash

    Hi Nikki,

    I tried your solution but I still have the problem ("Can not find the Macromedia Flash")

    :-(

    Steve

    hexagon4 Guest

  3. #3

    Same here. It ain't working and Adobe doesn't give a rat's .
    2pid Guest

  4. #4

    The only other step I think you might try is to first remove/uninstall Flash
    through the "add/remove hardware" section in the control panel. Then once you
    have done that then follow my directions. Thats the only thing that I can
    think of that I did because I do not have the problem at all anymore.

    Tatts:beer;

    Nikki Tatts Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Nikki,

    Yeah I tried that too, I still have the problem. Usually if I leave the PC alone for a while the message appears :-(

    Steve
    hexagon4 Guest

  6. #6

    I found another remedy elsewhere..forgive me, but I don't know where I read
    it...

    The person was saying that he had to uninstall QuickTime Player for some
    reason. Uninstall Flash Player(s), use the 'uninstaller' , then reinstall. He
    hadn't retried the Flash Player with QuickTime reinstalled.

    LtScapes Guest

  7. #7

    I have unstalled flash player and not re-installed it, I still get the pop up
    error message

    Adobe don't care at all, no replies or help, I asked for help in another
    message for this problem and got no response, what is the point of these
    support forums if they don't help ??

    hexagon4 Guest

  8. #8

    Had the same problem here - "Error - Can not find the Macromedia Flash". I was
    using LCARS System47 screensaver from mewho.com. It's an excellent and stable
    screensaver, and the best free one I've found with dual-monitor support. Adobe
    auto-updated Flash after I'd installed the screensaver, and that's when I
    started getting the error. So I thought maybe System47 was using Flash. I went
    back to mewho.com, got the latest install, installed over the existing, and my
    problem is solved. My kudos to Adobe and mewho.com for staying on top of
    things. (Adobe may not have replied to questions in this forum, but how could
    they know? It would be impossible for them to test every one of the possibly
    millions of real-world scenarios. But their products are always top-notch and
    well-supported.) Hope this helps.

    toddshmack Guest

  9. #9

    I also have started receiving the same "error can not find the macromedia
    flash" right after installing the Flash Player UPDATE which was requested by
    RealPlayer. After reading your post it appeared to me, and another here, that
    you must work for Adobe. If Adobe is going to offer for download spftware, then
    they should help when it is obvious that there is a real problem with their
    Flash UPDATE! For this issue to occur so mant times it can only be a flaw in
    the software, of course ers could always PAY Adobe for support to fix THEIR
    flawed software. I had problems with Adobe long ago with their tech support NOT
    responding on problems with their PURCHASED software. ers Born Everyday....

    Davie587 Guest

  10. #10

    I'm not paying. I'll do without if that's the case.
    kaffy123 Guest

  11. #11

    I had this exact problem and worked out it was my screensaver (installed about
    1 year before). I've changed the screensaver to a standard Windows one and the
    problem has gone. Not tried using a recent screensaver that requires flash
    yet, just happy that the problem has gone away.

    It is really down to Adobe to support this type of problem because the problem
    is entirely their own fault because their latest player isn't backwards
    compatible and trying to uninstall etc doesn't fix the issue. If people
    haven't had replies to their posts from Adobe, this is very poor customer
    support.

    sfackrell Guest

  12. #12

    I've solved.
    After trying all your suggestione I founf out that the problem was my flash
    made screensaver.

    With a simplier one or none the problem was solved.

    The screensaver was looking for the old flash Macromedia version...

    renato.giussani@gmai Guest