Professional Web Applications Themes

Some of my short cuts don't work what am I doing wrong? - Adobe Illustrator Windows

All my Illustrator keyboard shortcuts work apart from the ones under "guides" I am sure it is something that I am doing wrong. OR It could be because I am using German keyboard and English Illustrator. Hide guides is (Ctrl + ;) in illustrator. On my german keyboard I cannot press (;) without 1st pressing the shift key. So for me to choose (Ctrl + ;) In reality I need to press (Ctrl + Shift + ;) Do you think this could be the problem? But that does not explain why "Make guides" which is simple (Ctrl+5) and does not ...

  1. #1

    Default Some of my short cuts don't work what am I doing wrong?

    All my Illustrator keyboard shortcuts work apart from the ones under "guides"
    I am sure it is something that I am doing wrong.

    OR

    It could be because I am using German keyboard and English Illustrator.

    Hide guides is (Ctrl + ;) in illustrator.
    On my german keyboard I cannot press (;) without 1st pressing the shift key.

    So for me to choose (Ctrl + ;)
    In reality I need to press (Ctrl + Shift + ;) Do you think this could be the problem?
    But that does not explain why "Make guides" which is simple (Ctrl+5) and does not work either.
    So everything under "guides" does not work as shortcut. If I choose from the menue it works fine.

    I am lost.

    German keyboard layout-
    <http://www.sus.ac.uk/USCS/Facilities/PC/Keyboards/german.gif>
    nick/slickrenderer@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Nick,

    in case of shortcuts that cannot be pushed on your keyboard, you have to adjust them to your system. That can be done in the Edit menu. Ctrl+5 should work with the number block at the right side of your board, but not with the keys in the first row. Feel free to change this, too.

    Kurt Gold
    Kurt_Gold@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Nick,

    Are the Macros the same on German keyboard as they are on English (US) keyboard? Perhaps this is your problem, as Control + and - works for zoom in or out for me in CS just fine, but I'm using English keyboard.

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Bob,

    if it is true that the standard shortcut for hiding guides is Ctrl+; in the US Version (it is Ctrl+, in the German version), than this is impossible to push with a german keyboard cause many keys are arranged in a different way. The only way out is to modify these shortcuts. I'm working with the German version and a german keyboard ;-)

  5. #5

    Kurt you are right Ctr+5 is working with the number block. Did not think logically.

    Bob- CLick the link and you will see the German keyboard layout.
    Contro + and - for zoom works fine for me as well. Everything works fine apart from the "guides" menue. Well Kurt solved some of them.
    I guess I will just re-map show guide, hide guide and lock guide.
    nick/slickrenderer@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Nick,

    Show/Hide Guides in English version is CONTROL+; (semicolon)

  7. #7

    Show/Hide Guides in English version is CONTROL+; (semicolon)

    Yes Bob I know that because I have the English version too :-)
    It's my keyboard which is German. For me to press/type ;(semicolon) I need to press the shift key 1st.
    I think on the English keyboard you can just pres semicolon directly.
    On German keyboard I need to press shift and then the semicolon key.
    nick/slickrenderer@adobeforums.com Guest