Professional Web Applications Themes

Sony Clie and Powerbook - Mac Networking

I am 'sadly' the owner of a Sony Clie PZ90 (Great) but simply cannot get it to talk the the Mac. Helpfully Sony do not provide any mac softwareso I have downloaded the Palm Desktop for Mac software and the iSync update. I am using the USB connector but no joy ( I know the USB works with tablet PC so not a duff cable issue). After installing Hotsync and Desktop no connection Clie just times out, so then installed the iSync conduit update, still no joy. For a laugh I registered for Sony support and registered the problem, amazingly ...

  1. #1

    Default Sony Clie and Powerbook

    I am 'sadly' the owner of a Sony Clie PZ90 (Great) but simply cannot
    get it to talk the the Mac. Helpfully Sony do not provide any mac
    softwareso I have downloaded the Palm Desktop for Mac software and the
    iSync update. I am using the USB connector but no joy ( I know the USB
    works with tablet PC so not a duff cable issue). After installing
    Hotsync and Desktop no connection Clie just times out, so then
    installed the iSync conduit update, still no joy.

    For a laugh I registered for Sony support and registered the problem,
    amazingly within 24hrs they sent me a mail stating "Our e-Support team
    thinks to have found a solution for your case with ID
    Number 1072670."

    So I dutifully logged in to find this "Wecannotguaranteeany
    compatibilitybetweenyourClieandaMac computer.
    MACOSdoesnotmeettherequirements fortheClietoHotsyncwitha
    computer."

    Now come on, I know we simple folk are a little stupid sometimes, but
    not meeting the requirements, it has wireless, bluetooth, Firewire 400
    AND 800 and USB. Ok the Powerbook misses IR but really...

    So as a plea for help, does anyone out there have any idea how to get
    the NZ90 and the Powerbook to talk or shall I just give in and get a
    T3 as my wife has one of those and the helpful people at palm provide
    all the connectivity I need.

    Help Please!
    Nitro Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sony Clie and Powerbook

    In article <google.com>, Nitro
    <co.uk> wrote:

    See our product "The Missing Sync for Sony CLIE" at
    www.markspace.com/missingsync.html

    Usually Sony support would send you to that page if you mentioned you
    are using a Mac (with a disclaimer that we are an unrelated 3rd party,
    Sony does not endorse Mark/Space, that Sony does not support Mac, etc
    etc).

    Brian
    Brian Guest

  3. #3

    Nitro wrote:

    I see Brian's already mentioned Missing Sync for Clie, but I thought I'd
    pipe in too. I'm just a former customer of theirs... (I have a
    Palm-branded unit now instead of a Sony-branded one.)

    This is an awesome product. It does a better job providing Mac/PDA
    integration than Palm's Mac support. It's fast, the connections seem
    more stable, and it's got iPhoto and iTunes integration.

    It's also relatively cheap; I'm not sure what the exact price is, but I
    remember it was a no-brainer compared to the cost of the Clie.

    I was ed when I found out Sony didn't support the Clie. But when I
    found Missing Sync, I realized Sony's poor choice had become a blessing
    for users.

    Buy it.

    --
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice."

    Steven Guest