Professional Web Applications Themes

Sony Mavica floppy camera's the leader in digital cameras - Mac Applications & Software

A Quote "An Imaging Institution By recording images to universally recognized media, Kondo said that the floppy-disk-based FD Mavica line has played an important role in Sony's digital still camera business growth, and in the development of the entire digital imaging industry. According to National Panel Data of Port Washington, NY, the continuing MVC-FD75 model has led the U.S. market in sales and units sold, throughout the past 21 months. " Floppies will not die. They are so dirt cheap, yes cheaper than mini CD's. However Zips, CD's, Compact Flash, SD memory cards, and other removable media have their place. ...

  1. #1

    Default Sony Mavica floppy camera's the leader in digital cameras

    A Quote
    "An Imaging Institution
    By recording images to universally recognized media, Kondo said that the
    floppy-disk-based FD Mavica line has played an important role in Sony's digital
    still camera business growth, and in the development of the entire digital
    imaging industry. According to National Panel Data of Port Washington, NY, the
    continuing MVC-FD75 model has led the U.S. market in sales and units sold,
    throughout the past 21 months. "

    Floppies will not die. They are so dirt cheap, yes cheaper than mini CD's.

    However Zips, CD's, Compact Flash, SD memory cards, and other removable media
    have their place. As I said I own all of the above technologies.

    Compact flash/Zip would be a great floppy replacement but its too cost
    innefective.
    CD's are wonderful for copying music, archiving, and sending people large
    images and files, but for standard RW/ ease of use they have not replaced the
    floppy disk drive.
    JWolf6589 Guest

  2. #2

    In article <aol.com>, JWolf6589
    <comnospam> wrote:

    Well said, Don Quixiote!
    jemmy Guest

  3. #3

    In article <aol.com>,
    comnospam (JWolf6589) wrote:

    That article is dated January 8, 2002; it is more than a year and a half
    old.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest

  4. #4

    << That article is dated January 8, 2002; it is more than a year and a half
    old. >>

    You ignored what I said in the message. You cannot deny that floppies as well
    as floppy cameras will be around for some time to come. CD's will not replace
    floppies for some tasks.
    Crucifyself03 Guest

  5. #5

    In article <got.net>, John Rudd <cc> writes:

    >> That statement will become decreasingly true as time passes.
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > I dunno, I think he's probably right here, but not in the way he expects.
    > The CD isn't the best size or format for a fast, portable, reusable data
    > store. I think something like compact flash, memory sticks, or SD/MMC
    > will probably be what ultimately replaces the floppy.
    >[/ref]

    A floppy will fit in my shirt or hip pocket. A CD won't. But a 128 MB
    memory stick fits in anywhere, is won't break if I sit on it.

    I agree.
    Paul Guest

  6. #6

    In article <aol.com>,
    comnojunk (Crucifyself03) wrote:

    No, I did not ignore it; I pointed out that the report you cited is
    ancient history.

    Right now, Sony markets only one floppy disk Mavica; it is only 2
    megapixels, and costs $400, which makes it a low-end camera. And it
    also uses a memory stick, which is the primary storage medium for the
    camera.

    So, I doubt that floppy cameras will be around (as in being manufactured
    and sold) for a long time. And more and more computer companies are
    making floppies an option, or are saying to use external floppies if you
    need to have them.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest

  7. #7

    Crucifyself03 <comnojunk> wrote:

    What "I" said in the message? Aha! So Crucifyself03 and JWolf6589
    really are one and the same! I'd suspected that, based on the same poor
    spelling, grammar and syntax.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  8. #8

    In article <1fyr3dm.316l24i6dd9qN%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > What "I" said in the message? Aha! So Crucifyself03 and JWolf6589
    > really are one and the same! I'd suspected that, based on the same poor
    > spelling, grammar and syntax.[/ref]

    Wait you his next incarnation: com!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  9. #9

    << What "I" said in the message? Aha! So Crucifyself03 and JWolf6589
    really are one and the same! I'd suspected that, based on the same poor
    spelling, grammar and syntax. [/ref]

    You would mock me? Try looking at the detailed headers and come to your own
    conclusions. Every aol account will have a different header.
    Crucifyself03 Guest

  10. #10

    << What "I" said in the message? Aha! So Crucifyself03 and JWolf6589
    really are one and the same! I'd suspected that, based on the same poor
    spelling, grammar and syntax. >>

    Its amazing how you associate others with me. If they have bad spelling they
    must be me. I will be looking forward to the next name you say I am.

    Do not say I am Enough
    JWolf6589 Guest

  11. #11

    I think any who reads the two names posts can tell their the same person.
    Spam Guest

  12. #12

    Mike Rosenberg wrote:

    He's also appearing here as "nospam".
    George Guest

  13. #13

    George Williams <com> wrote:

    > He's also appearing here as "nospam".[/ref]

    I noticed those posts, too, but he was doing it through Google instead
    of AOL and using his correct AOL email address, so giving him the
    benefit of the doubt I don't think it was an attempt at deception,
    unlike this.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  14. #14

    Spam dies here <com> wrote:

    I don't think it's possible through AOL, but he's bluffing anyway,
    because there would be no way to distinguish between two AOL screen
    names and two separate accounts. In fact, I believe, and someone will
    surely correct me if I'm wrong, all you can tell by looking at the
    headers is whether someone is spoofing someone else's address.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  15. #15

    In article <1fyrndt.sxsetdypj1hjN%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > I don't think it's possible through AOL, but he's bluffing anyway,
    > because there would be no way to distinguish between two AOL screen
    > names and two separate accounts. In fact, I believe, and someone will
    > surely correct me if I'm wrong, all you can tell by looking at the
    > headers is whether someone is spoofing someone else's address.[/ref]

    This is just too funny. Do a Google search and you'll find a couple of
    threads where one personality says something and the other sticks up for
    him. Although in his case, I'm being too kind by saying he has two
    personalities.

    Ruby
    RubyTuesday Guest

  16. #16

    In article <west.earthlink.net>,
    RubyTuesday <com> wrote:

    Oh, I think he has many more than two.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest

  17. #17

    RubyTuesday <com> wrote:

    Oh my goodness! He's not just using the two screen names in the c.s.m.
    newsgroups, he's using them in a lot of the groups he regularly posts
    to.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  18. #18

    << Oh, this is just way to funny! Can't you just admit you're busted and
    move on? You blew your cover when you said "I" instead of "he." Accept
    it. >>

    There are no screen names under my account named crucifyself03. I am waiting
    to send you a screen shot of my screen names list.

    I wonder how many people you associate as me.
    JWolf6589 Guest

  19. #19

    << Oh my goodness! He's not just using the two screen names in the c.s.m.
    newsgroups, he's using them in a lot of the groups he regularly posts
    to. >>

    How wonderful. I am a super star. Many see where I post. Many follow me
    around. I am a star.
    JWolf6589 Guest

  20. #20

    Dude, your first message sounded like an honest question, and some of
    us answered the question honestly. Now you're essentially flaming
    people who answered what they felt, and what is essentially true - the
    floppy is dead, and there are far better alternatives than the Sony
    floppy or CD cameras. It sounds to me like you're an anti-Mac troll
    who just felt like baiting Mac users for the single reason Apple
    bailed on the archaic and useless floppy standard first. Stop, please,
    and leave.

    forge Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast