Professional Web Applications Themes

Sound but no Picture - Macromedia Flash Player

I have been watching full episodes of the Young and the Restless at cbs.com for weeks with no problems, Now when I try to watch an episode I get sound but no Picture. I also watch full episodes of Lost at abc.com both use Adobe flash player 9 I can still watch Lost but not The Young and the Restless. Can someone help me resolve this problem. I use Windows XP I am not computer savvy so please be Patient with me.:embarrassment;...

  1. #1

    Default Sound but no Picture

    I have been watching full episodes of the Young and the Restless at cbs.com for
    weeks with no problems, Now when I try to watch an episode I get sound but no
    Picture. I also watch full episodes of Lost at abc.com both use Adobe flash
    player 9 I can still watch Lost but not The Young and the Restless. Can someone
    help me resolve this problem. I use Windows XP I am not computer savvy so
    please be Patient with me.:embarrassment;

    ScreamShirley Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sound but no Picture

    I am having the exact same problem. I only watch Y&R and I can hear it but
    can't see it. I've tried several things that were suggested on the website but
    none worked. I am not very good on the computer but I can follow directions
    alright.

    CandiLeigh Guest

  3. #3

    I had the same exact problem. When the new year came around, I could not watch
    Y&R, I could only hear it on two of my computers, on one of my computers, I
    could watch it normally. One of the guys in the office went into my internet,
    went to Tools, went to the Advanced tab at the top, clicked on Restore Advanced
    Settings, then hit Reset, then did whatever it told him to do, then it worked
    again fine. Hope that helps you.

    marthalarkin Guest

  4. #4

    I'm having the same problem too. I watched Y&R and B&B regularly. But I
    haven't been able to this year. I get sound but no picture. I reset the
    defaults like marthalarkin did, but that didn't work. Somebody help! Just when
    Cane & Lilly give in to their feelings.........I can't see them :mad;

    jdenelle Guest

  5. #5

    Hi all,

    Please try the following:

    Right click on the Flash content and select ?Settings? and ?Display? toggle
    the ?hardware acceleration? option. Let us know if this helps.

    For hardware-accelerated scaling to work, you need Microsoft® DirectX 9 with
    VRAM 128 MB on Windows® 2000 Service Pack 4 or higher; for Apple® Macintosh®,
    OS X v10.2 or higher. There might be compatibility issues with older hardware
    and drivers

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest

  6. #6

    OK. I've tried everything and NO PICTURE! Pls help... Use non technical directions. thks.
    Y&R Guest

  7. #7

    [q]Originally posted by: Y&R junkie
    OK. I've tried everything and NO PICTURE! Pls help... Use non technical
    directions. thks.[/q]

    Hi Y&R junkie,

    When you right click, using your mouse, on the Flash content (the black video
    box), do you see an option for ?Settings??

    If you do, select ?Settings?

    Next, select Display

    Turn off the ?Hardware Acceleration? option ? uncheck it.

    Darren Guest

  8. #8

    Well, Mr. McNally, I un-checked the Hardware Acceleration? option and I still
    get sound without a picture. Maybe it's work-related because I can watch CBS
    soaps on my home computer. But I can view other videos at work too, ie.
    youtube, nfl, atptennis etc. I'll reboot and try again. thanks.

    jdenelle Guest

  9. #9

    Please also make sure that your video card drivers are up to date.

    Select Start > Run

    Type in ?dxdiag?

    Select Display

    Check the driver version and date listed in the driver window.

    Darren Guest

  10. #10

    Hi All,

    Please include your GRAPHIC CARD and DRIVER details. You can get this
    information here:

    Select Start > Run

    Type in ?dxdiag?

    Select Display

    Include the Device Name and the Driver date and version

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  11. #11

    :confused; Hello AGAIN......nothing you suggested works. I went to dxdiag and
    the date is 4-5-5 version 6.14.0010.4299. In my opinion, this problem started
    at the first of the year. Ok, so now what? Awaiting your reply. thks....

    Y&R Guest

  12. #12

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Please respond with helpful details.

    What is the name (manufacturer) of the Graphic Card?

    If the driver date is April 5th 2005, it sounds like you need to update the
    driver.

  13. #13

    hi again. i emailed the support center. Hopefully they can help me. The info
    you requested is as follows.....
    Device: Name: Intel (R)82945G Express Chipset Family.
    Manuf: Intel Corporation
    Drivers: Main Driver:ialmrnt5.dll
    date: 4-5-5.
    How would I update the driver? thks again.

    Y&R Guest

  14. #14

    How to update graphics card driver:

    If you have a laptop you should visit the laptop manufacturer's website (Dell,
    Toshiba, Sony, etc.) to get the most recent driver.

    If you are using a desktop computer you would need to visit the graphics card
    manufacturer's website to download the latest driver.

    For example:

    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/

    Darren Guest

  15. #15

    IT'S WORKING !!! I don't know who did what, but I now get video. thks.
    Y&R Guest

  16. #16

    Good news! - Now you can get back to The Young and the Restless.

    Darren Guest

  17. #17

    I have also right clicked on the black screen and unchecked enable hardware
    Acceleration

    Device:

    Name: Intel(R)82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller
    Manfacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip Type: Intel(R)82852/55 Graphic Controller
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 Bit) (60HZ)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

    Driver:
    Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll
    Version: 6.14.00103889 (English)
    Date: 8/20/2004 17:11:36
    WHQL logo'd: Yes
    Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys
    VDD: n/a
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

    DirectXFeatures
    DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
    Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
    AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

    Shirley

    ScreamShirley Guest

  18. #18

    Thank you Marthalarkin I followed your directions and it worked I haven't watch Y&R Since New Years day I'll be up all night catching up thanks so much to you and the guy at your office.

    Shirley
    ScreamShirley Guest

  19. #19

    I have the same problem. I have done everything that was said to do and I
    called Adobe. They said since I can get on other sites with no problems, it is
    CBS's problem. I used to get picture on the site and now I can't. My daughter
    has picture on her computer. Any ideas? Thanks!

    momy/rfan Guest

  20. #20

    Where am I to be when I do the: "right click on the Flash content and select
    "Settings" and "display" toggle the "hardware acceleration" option as stated in
    one of the questions and answers section. I am at lost as I'm having the same
    problem as ScreamShirley was having. I have uninstalled the Flash Player,
    reinstalled, etc. and still just get audio but no picture on my American
    greetings.com site. Help. THANKS

    Phibber Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast