Sounds embedded in flash movies play too load. The Windows gain settings in
Master Volume and Wave have to be adjusted all the way down and even then some
sounds are distorted (as if they are being played too loud) even though the
sound is low volume.

It is as if a gain setting is getting set too high by default.

This happens on some XP SP2 computers but not other XP SP2 computers.

Might be sound card related. It happens on nVidia nForce2 MCP-T (latest
version of driver).

I tried embedding wav instead of mp3. I get the same effect but at least the
wav sound doesn't distort so badly that it can't be fixed by turning down the
master volume.

Please let me know if I need to post more information about the problem.