Professional Web Applications Themes

Sound stops playing: frame problem - Macromedia Director Lingo

Hi, I've created a simple application where you click yourself through paused frames, like a click-and-play sort of application. Now, when setting the application to start playing a sound in the first frame, with: "sound(...).play...", this sound will stop playing when entering the second frame, where I've set the application to pause. Creating a new "sound(...).play..." on the second frame will make the sound restart, but I want it to continue playing all from the start. Is there some way of keeping the pauseing mechanism, and still have the sound playing through several frames? / Claes...

  1. #1

    Default Sound stops playing: frame problem

    Cpt.Claes webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sound stops playing: frame problem

    Hi that's strange. When I do a play in a frame it doesn't stop playing by
    its own accord when it leaves the frame (just did a test then). Are you
    sure that you haven't snuck in another sound command somewhere there like
    play or pause? How do you set the application to pause?
    David.

    "Cpt.Claes" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've created a simple application where you click yourself through paused
    frames, like a click-and-play sort of application. Now, when setting the
    application to start playing a sound in the first frame, with:
    "sound(...).play...", this sound will stop playing when entering the second
    frame, where I've set the application to pause. Creating a new
    "sound(...).play..." on the second frame will make the sound restart, but I
    want it to continue playing all from the start. Is there some way of
    keeping the pauseing mechanism, and still have the sound playing through
    several frames?

    > / Claes

    David Downie Guest

  3. #3

    Hi David,
    well, by using:

    on enterFrame
    pause
    end

    This way I get the application to pause, so that I'm able to create a link to another frame.
    Are you saying there's a better way? I would really appreciate it if you could fill me in on a more practical way.

  4. #4

    Hi My Lingo Dictionary tells me that command is obsolete, but it looks as
    though it pauses the sound as well.

    These days people use go to the frame to stay on the frame. As to how to
    pause what else is happening in your movie, that depends on what is
    happening in your movie. Go to the frame does not pause sound however so
    that would be a good place to start.

    > Hi David,
    > well, by using:
    >
    > on enterFrame
    > pause
    > end
    >
    > This way I get the application to pause, so that I'm able to create a link
    to another frame.
    > Are you saying there's a better way? I would really appreciate it if you
    could fill me in on a more practical way.

    > / Claes

    David Downie Guest