Professional Web Applications Themes

Source for rubber focuisng grip - Photography

I've got a vivtar series 1 lens and the rubber grip for focusing is coming apart. Anyone have a source for rubber/neoprene sheets with the diamond surface used on these grips? Recomendations on glue to use? Thnaks, Jay...

  1. #1

    Default Source for rubber focuisng grip

    I've got a vivtar series 1 lens and the rubber grip for focusing is coming
    apart. Anyone have a source for rubber/neoprene sheets with the diamond
    surface used on these grips? Recomendations on glue to use?
    Thnaks,
    Jay

    JD Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Source for rubber focuisng grip

    >I've got a vivtar series 1 lens and the rubber grip for focusing is coming
    >apart. Anyone have a source for rubber/neoprene sheets with the diamond
    >surface used on these grips? Recomendations on glue to use?
    >Thnaks,
    >Jay
    Jay,

    Wish I had the answer for you. Perhaps going to the original maker of the
    lens? In that way, you may still ber able to obtain the item you are seeking.
    Which lens do you have? Have you asked the Vivitar newsgroup?

    Yes, the Kiron's were very good lenses. Made by Kino Precision Industries,
    of Japan. They made the first of the Vivitar Series One, 70-210 3.5 zooms. The
    rumor is that the Kiron lenses were becoming too, close in design to the
    Vivitar Series One line, and that Vivitar, through political moves, had their
    US distribution rights revoked. After that, Vivitar went to Tokina for the
    building of their Series One line, and then to Komine. Eventually Sigma, Baso,
    Kobori, Samyang and a few other's made their lens line. They are now made by
    Cosina. (sigh)
    I have and use the Kiron 28-85 2.8 zoom, and it is a very good lens,
    optically and construction wise. (very similar to the Vivitar Series One,
    28-90) Also have and have used the Vivitar 7 element macro converter (made by
    Kiron) and have to agree with the many that state it as being the best
    teleconverter ever made. If you are looking for an extremely good macro lens,
    the Kiron 105 mm 2.8 is phenomenal. Goes to 1:1 life size without any adapters,
    and the images are great. I love mine. The optics and construction is the
    usual, great Kiron build. The Vivitar Series 1 90mm 2.5 macro, is also a very
    good lens.
    I have the production code for the Vivitar line. If you are interested in
    one of their lenses, just ask and I'll tell you who made it for them, and when.
    Yeah, too bad that Kiron is no longer around. They are beautiful lenses. As are
    the older Vivitar Series 1 line.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is
    invisible to the eye." ---Exupery

    Q.L.P.

    Quietlightphoto Guest

  3. #3

    "JD" <qernqrqnggov.pbz> wrote:
    >I've got a vivtar series 1 lens and the rubber grip for focusing is coming
    >apart. Anyone have a source for rubber/neoprene sheets with the diamond
    >surface used on these grips? Recomendations on glue to use?

    For camera/lens refurbishment and repair materials, there can be few
    better sources than Micro Tools:

    [url]http://www.micro-tools.com/[/url]

    If they don't offer what you want, give them a call and they should be
    able to help locate a source.

    (Disclaimer: I have no connection with Micro Tools other than as a
    content and seriously impressed customer!)

    T P Guest