Professional Web Applications Themes

Speed Problem on different databases using ASP.NET - ASP.NET General

Hi there I have a strange problem. I developing an application on my server SQL Server 2000 which is running on a 1 Gb memory and 2 GHz W2000 advanched server. The app. it self is running on my local computer 400 Mhz 256 Mb memory and it running wery vell. But when I put the application up on a different environment the SQL Server runs on a 1700 Mhz Computer with 1 Gb in memory and the app. is 1500 Mhz 1 Gb memory. There I have a strange speed problem. The database are the same, I took the ...

  1. #1

    Default Speed Problem on different databases using ASP.NET

    Hi there I have a strange problem. I developing an application on my server
    SQL Server 2000 which is running on a 1 Gb memory and 2 GHz W2000 advanched
    server. The app. it self is running on my local computer 400 Mhz 256 Mb
    memory and it running wery vell. But when I put the application up on a
    different environment the SQL Server runs on a 1700 Mhz Computer with 1 Gb
    in memory and the app. is 1500 Mhz 1 Gb memory. There I have a strange
    speed problem. The database are the same, I took the databasefile and
    appended it on the new environment so it should be the same, but it is much
    slower and even gets timeout's. Does anyone have had similair problems or
    does anyone have any solution to this? Any configs on the new environment
    SQL server or the application server? I know this is not wery good
    information, but it is the only thig I can provide!!

    With best regads VEV

    Viktor Elvar Guest

  2. #2

    Hi Viktor,
    Have a look at the SQL built in tools for Performance tuning the new
    database and that could help out.

    Also make sure the SQL Server is setup correctly ie. correct memory &
    cpu allocations.

    If all else failes, run it on another server, if the performance is
    good, reinstall the 'new environment OS & SQL Server'.

    Cheers,
    Angus, MCDBA

    "Viktor Elvar" <viktorim.is> wrote in message
    > Hi there I have a strange problem. I developing an application on my
    server
    > SQL Server 2000 which is running on a 1 Gb memory and 2 GHz W2000
    advanched
    > server. The app. it self is running on my local computer 400 Mhz 256 Mb
    > memory and it running wery vell. But when I put the application up on a
    > different environment the SQL Server runs on a 1700 Mhz Computer with 1
    Gb
    > in memory and the app. is 1500 Mhz 1 Gb memory. There I have a strange
    > speed problem. The database are the same, I took the databasefile and
    > appended it on the new environment so it should be the same, but it is
    much
    > slower and even gets timeout's. Does anyone have had similair problems or
    > does anyone have any solution to this? Any configs on the new environment
    > SQL server or the application server? I know this is not wery good
    > information, but it is the only thig I can provide!!
    >
    > With best regads VEV

    Angus Logan Guest

  3. #3

    It should have the same indexes I tok the database and appended it. Does
    the indexes not come with if you take the databasefile?? I also ran the
    index tuning wizard on the new database so the indexes should be ok, or
    shouldn´t they? I´m not a database expert as you can see!!

    with regards VEV

    "James J. Foster" <jamesdotnetcoders.com> wrote in message
    > Does the new database have all the same indexes?
    >
    > --
    > James J. Foster, DotNetCoders
    > [url]http://www.dotnetcoders.com[/url]
    >

    > "Viktor Elvar" <viktorim.is> wrote in message
    > > Hi there I have a strange problem. I developing an application on my
    > server
    > > SQL Server 2000 which is running on a 1 Gb memory and 2 GHz W2000
    > advanched
    > > server. The app. it self is running on my local computer 400 Mhz 256 Mb
    > > memory and it running wery vell. But when I put the application up on a
    > > different environment the SQL Server runs on a 1700 Mhz Computer with 1
    > Gb
    > > in memory and the app. is 1500 Mhz 1 Gb memory. There I have a strange
    > > speed problem. The database are the same, I took the databasefile and
    > > appended it on the new environment so it should be the same, but it is
    > much
    > > slower and even gets timeout's. Does anyone have had similair problems
    or
    > > does anyone have any solution to this? Any configs on the new
    environment
    > > SQL server or the application server? I know this is not wery good
    > > information, but it is the only thig I can provide!!
    > >
    > > With best regads VEV

    Viktor Elvar Guest