Professional Web Applications Themes

Spot color graphics disappear when exported as PDF - Macromedia Freehand

Has anyone ever had this problem and resolved it. I imported two graphics one with 2 spot colors, the other with 1 spot color. Both were created in P/Shop 7 and saved. They both exported fine, and I can print the seperated colors and also a composite ok from F/hand 10. However, when I export the file as a PDF neither of the graphics show up only the text that I created in F/Hand 10. Anyone out there with any ideas or solution. BTW I have Acrobat 4. Thanks GraphicsGal...

  1. #1

    Default Spot color graphics disappear when exported as PDF

    graphicsgal webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Freehand's built-in PDF export has some limitations, including support
    for imported EPS (the format I assume you have used for spot-colour
    Photoshop work):

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/freehand/ts/doents/export_limits_pdf.htm[/url]

    If you have the full version on Acrobat 4, you'd be much better off
    always using Distiller to produce PDFs from FH. Exact directions for
    doing this would depend on which operating system you're using.

    --

    Danny

    Danny Whitehead Guest

  3. #3

    BTW, Photoshop does not export spot colors properly except to DCS (unless
    there have been some changes in this area to the newest release of PS that I
    am unaware of). Check your PS doentation carefully.

    The PDF format does not support embedded EPS or DCS files, period, no way,
    no how. Since FH only places these image formats (it doesn't have a built-in
    PS interpreter) it can't include such placed images in its PDF exports. If
    you need to include such data in a PDF, you must print to file as PostScript
    and using something like Acrobat (the full version and not the free Acrobat
    Reader) to process the print file. Acrobat contains a full PS interpreter
    and can handle the embedded data. Even so, dealing with the DCS images will
    be problematic as they are pre-separated files.

    David W Gangwisch
    Software Design Engineer - FreeHand
    Macromedia, Inc.

    news:3FB23FEF.4050605dontsendspamtobqprint.co.uk. ..

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/freehand/ts/doents/export_limits_pdf.ht[/url]

    > If you have the full version on Acrobat 4, you'd be much better off
    > always using Distiller to produce PDFs from FH. Exact directions for
    > doing this would depend on which operating system you're using.
    >

    > --
    >

    > Danny

    david gangwisch Guest