Professional Web Applications Themes

Spry Menu Background - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

I have a horizontal menu that is #001143 and the default background for the spry menu is white. I have looked through the horizontal menu CSS for the fix but cannot locate it. Do I need to add a property to the existing menu CSS? Take a look at the nav menu to see what I am talking about. [url]http://www.nlf.com/learn.net/html/about.html[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Spry Menu Background

    I have a horizontal menu that is #001143 and the default background for the
    spry menu is white. I have looked through the horizontal menu CSS for the fix
    but cannot locate it. Do I need to add a property to the existing menu CSS?
    Take a look at the nav menu to see what I am talking about.

    [url]http://www.nlf.com/learn.net/html/about.html[/url]

    ich_kann_schnell_laufen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Spry Menu Background

    ich_kann_schnell_laufen wrote:
    > I have a horizontal menu that is #001143 and the default background for the
    > spry menu is white. I have looked through the horizontal menu CSS for the fix
    > but cannot locate it. Do I need to add a property to the existing menu CSS?
    > Take a look at the nav menu to see what I am talking about.
    >
    > [url]http://www.nlf.com/learn.net/html/about.html[/url]

    I tried the link in Firefox and IE and the menu background was blue. Have you fixed your issue, or is the issue different than the blue background that I'm currently seeing?

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | [url]http://blog.extensioneering.com/[/url]
    | WebAssist Extensioneer
    | Adobe Community Expert
    danilocelic AdobeCommunityExpert Guest

  3. #3

    No it still is white. The table cell the navbar is in is white even though I
    set it to the blue I wanted. Look to the right of the menu. There is a white
    space about 30-50 px wide depending on which page you look at. I set the
    dimensions on the template page, but I keep getting a space.

    ich_kann_schnell_laufen Guest

  4. #4

    ich_kann_schnell_laufen wrote:
    > No it still is white. The table cell the navbar is in is white even though I
    > set it to the blue I wanted. Look to the right of the menu. There is a white
    > space about 30-50 px wide depending on which page you look at. I set the
    > dimensions on the template page, but I keep getting a space.
    I see what you're talking about now. Actually, the color that you're seeing is the background color showing through of the TD that the menu is within. If you change the background color of that element to the color you want, you should be all set.

  5. #5

    I thought that too. See below. I thought it might be in the spry style sheets.

    [LI]<a href="#" class="MenuBarItemSubmenu">solutions</a>

    ich_kann_schnell_laufen Guest

  6. #6

    ich_kann_schnell_laufen wrote:
    > I thought that too. See below. I thought it might be in the spry style sheets.

    bgcolor requires the # as part of the value to be able to display properly. At least for Firefox 3. IE seems to show it ok for me.

  7. #7

    Hello,

    I have a header with a background, I put on top the spry menu horizontal, I
    set the spry menu vertical background color to none. this doesn't work, all I
    can see is a white background on the horizontal menu and I cant see the
    original background of the header.

    Please help

    I Love Doing Websites Guest

  8. #8

    I Love Doing Websites wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a header with a background, I put on top the spry menu horizontal, I
    > set the spry menu vertical background color to none. this doesn't work, all I
    > can see is a white background on the horizontal menu and I cant see the
    > original background of the header.
    The Spry forum is here:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=72&catid=602[/url]

    Please post a link to your page so that others can see what you've done to suggest changes to make to get the menu to display like you want it to.