Professional Web Applications Themes

Spry Menu Bar & Flash Element - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

The Spry menu bar widget works fine, except that on two pages where I have Flash elements at the top of the page (just under the bar) the Menu bar drops down behind it. The menu bar z-index of the drop down boxes are all a 1000 or more. Thoughts anyone?...

  1. #1

    Default Spry Menu Bar & Flash Element

    The Spry menu bar widget works fine, except that on two pages where I have
    Flash elements at the top of the page (just under the bar) the Menu bar drops
    down behind it.
    The menu bar z-index of the drop down boxes are all a 1000 or more.

    Thoughts anyone?

    last cowboy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Spry Menu Bar & Flash Element

    I am having this problem as well. It's odd, because it shows up fine in IE 7,
    but the menu bar displays behind the flash image in Firefox. I cannot figure
    out why this is happening. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Swiftacle Guest

  3. #3

    I am having the same problem as well. Finally took my Flash element out until I can get it resolved.
    gwbusiness Guest

  4. #4

    After quite a bit of hacking around and checking out the Adobe home page, I
    have found the solution.

    To get the drop down menus to appear over the flash object, include

    wmode="transparent"

    to the embed part of the flash element. Everything seems to work fine after
    that.

    Good luck,
    Kyle

    Swiftacle Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you for solving that problem . . . now if someone could tell me how to
    resolve the problems with the horizontal spy menu bar going all over the place
    in IE on a PC that would be great! My menu is here
    [url]http://www.syconline.org/HomePage.shtml[/url]

    gwbusiness Guest

  6. #6

    On Apr 3, 1:27pm, "Swiftacle" <webforumsu...macromedia.com> wrote:
    > After quite a bit of hacking around and checking out the Adobe home page, I
    > have found the solution.
    >
    > To get the drop down menus to appear over the flash object, include
    >
    > wmode="transparent"
    >
    > to the embed part of the flash element. Everything seems to work fine after
    > that.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Kyle
    Kyle this works great in IE but not at all in Firefox??? Any
    suggestions???
    Jo
    jo@yourpagetoday.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi,
    I've got the exact same problem, the spry menu bar submenus dissappear behind
    the flash animation. So I've added the wmode="transparent" to the embed part of
    the flash element but it's not working for me. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Karine

    karinevk Guest

  8. #8

    The wmode parameter to be set in the actual Active Content Script that
    Dreamweaver uses to deploy your Flash video. The property inspector only
    allows you to set params in the <noscript> tag. Read this tech note:
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=127[/url]

    Specifically, this section:
    Note: Adobe's Active Content script, new in Dreamweaver 8.02, writes the
    object and embed tags inside a JavaScript. To set the wmode parameter, you
    will need to do so in the script. The wmode parameters cannot be assigned in
    the markup, and Adobe has provided no facility to apply this parameter from
    within their interface. Here's a quick way to add the wmode parameter to the
    script:

    In Code View, look for the AC_FL_RunContent line where the Flash object is
    normally embedded, it will look like this:

    (see the actual tech note for the code you will need to insert)

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    "karinevk" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've got the exact same problem, the spry menu bar submenus dissappear
    > behind
    > the flash animation. So I've added the wmode="transparent" to the embed
    > part of
    > the flash element but it's not working for me. What am I doing wrong?
    > Thanks,
    > Karine

    The PVII Team Guest

  9. #9

    question and help needed I purchased cs3 this morning because need to be able
    to do more and great excuse to upgade but that aside would spy be the best to
    use to validate drop down menu we have validated all other fields with beviuors
    but not showing drop down as a feild to modify so in you oppinions would spry
    be best and were would i find the steps I have read lots of information and
    search out even more however still no luck with this what advice do you
    have.... Again many thanks in advance as I beleave you all have the knowladge
    and skill to send me in the right direction

    aja183 Guest

  10. #10

    Hi,

    It seems like you might be able to help me find a true dissolve in CS3. I
    created the slide show according to DW instructions but when I when I went to
    the Flash Element Inspector: Transition Type: the drop down menu did not
    include a slow dissolve and all the ones I tried were either too corny or y
    in their behavior. Can I download other transitions? Where? or should I just
    scrap this slide show and create one in Fireworks. [url]http://www.syconline.org[/url]
    We are in the process of creating a new website but also having trouble with
    Spry horizontal menu in IE Windows. The latest template for the new site is
    http:[url]www.syconline.org/Templates/main3a.dwt[/url]

    Thanks,
    GW

    gwbusiness Guest

  11. #11

    Guys--the z-index with ie thing is giving me fits on the Spry horizontal menu
    bar application, and I could really use some advice. I have 3 elements below
    my menu bar--a left navigation menu, some text, and an image. The dropdown
    menus appear above the text, but below the left side menu, and the image.

    I've tried giving the left menu and the image a lower z-index (along with
    position: relative or absolute. Nothing seems to work. Oh, and there happens
    to be a flash element ABOVE my spry menu--that wouldn't affect it, though,
    would it? HELP!!!

    mel222222222 Guest