Handoyo,

This is nothing to do with the 2k vs xp. It is more likely due
to your changing the password of the account that SQL server is
set to run under. See <Start><Settings><Control Panel><Administrative Tools><Services>/
Scroll down to MSSQLSERVER, and see ( far right column ) what account it is set to run
under, by default I think this is the account you installed it under, so whenever you change
that accounts password you need to change SQL Servers password in order for it to run.
I tend to run SQL Server under localsystem for development where it does not need a password.
But you can change this by double-clicking on the service ( or right-click & properties ),
and changing the account/password it tries to start under.

Regards
AJ