Professional Web Applications Themes

SQL Server's 'form server' - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

I am working on an internet-based project. I select SQL Server as its database DBMS. But as Oracle can provide a tool called 'develope server, form programming'. which can help programmers build an data input forms quickly and cheaply, I can not find such function in SQL. I beg for help for this problem to experts here. Waiting for reply and thanks a lot. I take Access as a good desktop DBMS which can have many wizards to help programmers perform task mentioned above, but if I use Access as client data-input tool, I must spend much time in transfer ...

  1. #1

    Default SQL Server's 'form server'

    I am working on an internet-based project. I select SQL
    Server as its database DBMS. But as Oracle can provide a
    tool called 'develope server, form programming'. which can
    help programmers build an data input forms quickly and
    cheaply, I can not find such function in SQL. I beg for
    help for this problem to experts here. Waiting for reply
    and thanks a lot.
    I take Access as a good desktop DBMS which can have many
    wizards to help programmers perform task mentioned above,
    but if I use Access as client data-input tool, I must
    spend much time in transfer data from Access to SQL
    Server. Considering the data integrity rules, this
    transfer is very expensive. So I think this presumed
    solution is not a good one. Is muy conclusion right or
    worng. Beg for suggestions and thanks a lot again.
    John WANG Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: SQL Server's 'form server'

    Access can use SQL Linked tables, and if referential integraty is in place
    on SQL then Access cannot violate it. You can then use form wizards to build
    basic input forms. Look up 'Linked tables' in the Access help.

    Or, use Enterprise Manager and open the tables in there. You can enter data
    directly in the table view.

    "John WANG" <Johncntsmsn.com> wrote in message
    > I am working on an internet-based project. I select SQL
    > Server as its database DBMS. But as Oracle can provide a
    > tool called 'develope server, form programming'. which can
    > help programmers build an data input forms quickly and
    > cheaply, I can not find such function in SQL. I beg for
    > help for this problem to experts here. Waiting for reply
    > and thanks a lot.
    > I take Access as a good desktop DBMS which can have many
    > wizards to help programmers perform task mentioned above,
    > but if I use Access as client data-input tool, I must
    > spend much time in transfer data from Access to SQL
    > Server. Considering the data integrity rules, this
    > transfer is very expensive. So I think this presumed
    > solution is not a good one. Is muy conclusion right or
    > worng. Beg for suggestions and thanks a lot again.

    London Developer Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks a lot David. I am using the linked table to commit the problem.
    thanks for you help again.

    John WANG Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks the expert from London developer. I am using the linked table to
    commit the problem. thanks for your help.

    John WANG Guest