I am running SQL Server 6.5 on a W2K server. I recently encountered the
problem described in Microsoft KB atricle 153455. The server has NO
service packs installed on it. I have downloaded sp5a from the MS site
and tried to install it, but I am told that SQL Server is not installed
on the machine, which it is.

I know this is a stretch, but might anyone have the previous service
packs for 6.5? I can't find them on the MS site, probably because they
are ulative. My thoughts are if I can get some of the oder SP's
installed, then I could get 5a installed.

Alternately, does anyone know why the sp might be telling me ths SQL
Server isn't installed?

Any help is appreciated.

David Phelan
Pitman Company
Totowa, NJ
[url]www.pitman.com[/url]
"No job is too big, no fee is too big.." Bill Murray-Ghostbusters