Professional Web Applications Themes

SQLDMO programming - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

I want to use SQLDMO to check the version number of all the SQL Servers on the network....I get the list of servers..how can I check the version number I am using following code Dim i As Integer Dim oNames As SQLDMO.NameList Dim oSQLApp As SQLDMO.Application Set oSQLApp = New SQLDMO.Application Set oNames = oSQLApp.ListAvailableSQLServers() List1.Clear For i = 1 To oNames.Count List1.AddItem oNames.Item(i) Next i...

  1. #1

    Default SQLDMO programming

    I want to use SQLDMO to check the version number of all the SQL Servers on
    the network....I get the list of servers..how can I check the version number

    I am using following code

    Dim i As Integer
    Dim oNames As SQLDMO.NameList
    Dim oSQLApp As SQLDMO.Application
    Set oSQLApp = New SQLDMO.Application

    Set oNames = oSQLApp.ListAvailableSQLServers()
    List1.Clear
    For i = 1 To oNames.Count
    List1.AddItem oNames.Item(i)
    Next i

    VBM Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: SQLDMO programming

    Check out the VersionString property of the SQLServer object.

    --
    Tom

    Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA
    SQL Server MVP
    Columnist, SQL Server Professional
    Toronto, ON Canada
    www.pinnaclepublishing.com/sql

    "VBM" <co.uk> wrote in message news:phx.gbl...
    I want to use SQLDMO to check the version number of all the SQL Servers on
    the network....I get the list of servers..how can I check the version number

    I am using following code

    Dim i As Integer
    Dim oNames As SQLDMO.NameList
    Dim oSQLApp As SQLDMO.Application
    Set oSQLApp = New SQLDMO.Application

    Set oNames = oSQLApp.ListAvailableSQLServers()
    List1.Clear
    For i = 1 To oNames.Count
    List1.AddItem oNames.Item(i)
    Next i

    Tom Guest

  6. #6

    Why not use integrated security?
    Besides that I would use the SQLServer->PingSQLServerVersion() method.

    Net

    Please reply only to the newsgroups.
    You assume all risk for your use.
    Copyright SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

    "VBM" <co.uk> wrote in message
    I want to use SQLDMO to check the version number of all the SQL Servers on
    the network....I get the list of servers..how can I check the version number

    I am using following code

    Dim i As Integer
    Dim oNames As SQLDMO.NameList
    Dim oSQLApp As SQLDMO.Application
    Set oSQLApp = New SQLDMO.Application

    Set oNames = oSQLApp.ListAvailableSQLServers()
    List1.Clear
    For i = 1 To oNames.Count
    List1.AddItem oNames.Item(i)
    Next i