Professional Web Applications Themes

SSL on AIX using verisign - AIX

Hi all Have anyone of you any experience of implementing SSL on AIX ( using HTTP server powered by Apache). I have successfully tested SSL implementation with self signed certificates but when try to implement the same using verisign certificates , i stuck up. The problem is that on verisign site there is no doentation availiable regarding IBM HTTP Server ..Can any body provide me step by step procedure for getting the objective. Polani...

  1. #1

    Default SSL on AIX using verisign

    Hi all
    Have anyone of you any experience of implementing
    SSL on AIX ( using HTTP server powered by Apache).
    I have successfully tested SSL implementation with
    self signed certificates but when try to implement
    the same using verisign certificates , i stuck up.
    The problem is that on verisign site there is no doentation
    availiable regarding IBM HTTP Server
    ..Can any body provide me step by step procedure for getting the
    objective.

    Polani
    sasa Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: SSL on AIX using verisign

    hi
    I am still facing the problem
    with both verisign & thawte...
    please help me

    sasa Guest

  3. #3

    On 19 Nov 2003 00:21:39 -0800, com (sasa queer)
    wrote:
     [/ref]

    On a regular Apache server you just need to edit the httpd.conf to
    give the correct path to the server certificate and key, then restart
    Apache. Take a look at what you have in the lines labeled
    SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile when you are using a
    self-signed certificate and edit them accordingly to go to your
    purchased certificate files.

    Claude Watson

    Claude Guest

  4. #4

    hi cluade
    As you probably know that IBM HTTP Server is not an " ordinary"
    apache server.
    you have to generate CSR from ikeyman and then receive personal
    certificates
    from CA ( thowte/verisign) using once again ikeyman.
    I am in deep problem while doing all these on AIX 5.2
    I request all of you that if anyone of you have AIX5.2 Ml01 installed
    and HTTP server working then any body do it for me on voluentry
    basis.

    SASA

    Claude Watson <net> wrote in message news:<com>... [/ref]

    > On a regular Apache server you just need to edit the httpd.conf to
    > give the correct path to the server certificate and key, then restart
    > Apache. Take a look at what you have in the lines labeled
    > SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile when you are using a
    > self-signed certificate and edit them accordingly to go to your
    > purchased certificate files.
    >
    > Claude Watson[/ref]
    sasa Guest

  5. #5

    > As you probably know that IBM HTTP Server is not an " ordinary"

    afaik it is also possible to import key and cert in different formats
    from a file. so you could just follow the instructions on

    http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC28

    or the ca's instructions for plain apache to get your cert (or test
    the import with your own ca or a free demo-cert first) the openssl
    style and then import it into ikeyman.

    i have no current aix at hand but had the doubtful pleasure of
    debugging problems with ibm's proprietary ssl module under
    slowlaris...
    and remember, having sombody else do it for you means this person has
    your private keys, so your certificate should immediately be revoked
    as the private key has been compromised.

    i repeat:

    NEVER give anybody access to your private keys, they are the only
    thing which prevents people from posing as your system to intercept
    any confidential data your customers might happen to enter to your
    system!

    joachim
    Joachim Guest