I am trying to get ssl to work with mysql
My system is: mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.27, for sun-solaris2.9
(sparc)
Followed the steps in "5.8.7.4. Setting Up SSL Certificates for MySQL"
and
made sure I used the same CN fields (although I previously tried other
things.)
I am putting all of the cert files in the default file, which seems to
be picked up.
In otherwords if I run mysql --help, I see:

ssl TRUE
ssl-key /home/m/client-key.pem
ssl-cert /home/m/client-cert.pem
ssl-ca /home/m/cacert.pem
ssl-capath (No default value)
ssl-cipher (No default value)

When I run mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have_openssl';
+---------------+-------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+---------------+-------+
| have_openssl | YES |
+---------------+-------+

But alas, when I run \s, I get
SSL: Not in use

and mysql> SHOW STATUS LIKE 'Ssl_cipher';
comes back empty.

If I run mysqladmin variables, all that comes back with ssl in is:
| have_openssl | YES
but the ssl-ca and the like are not to be found.
The Mysql daemon has permissions to read the certs.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Shelby