Professional Web Applications Themes

Sticky Rollovers - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Stephanie: Stick? And are you using the browser's back button or the back button on your page? -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS ================== [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage! [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes ================== "Stephanie Schreiber" <stephaniebassettandbrush.com> wrote in message news:BB3B1352.9779%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. . > Hi there I am working on a site with some large rollovers. When I test the > site ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Sticky Rollovers

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Stephanie Schreiber" <stephaniebassettandbrush.com> wrote in message
    news:BB3B1352.9779%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. .
    > Hi there I am working on a site with some large rollovers. When I test the
    > site in Internet Explorer 5.1 the rollovers "stick" when I hit the BACK
    > button. When I test in Netscape 6 they work perfectly. Is there anything I
    > can do to the code to keep this from happening? Here's the link to the
    test
    > site...
    >
    > [url]http://www.bassettandbrush.com/clientprojects/sweet_dreams_site/shop.html[/url]
    >
    > Thanks!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  2. #2

    Default Sticky Rollovers

    Hi there I am working on a site with some large rollovers. When I test the
    site in Internet Explorer 5.1 the rollovers "stick" when I hit the BACK
    button. When I test in Netscape 6 they work perfectly. Is there anything I
    can do to the code to keep this from happening? Here's the link to the test
    site...

    [url]http://www.bassettandbrush.com/clientprojects/sweet_dreams_site/shop.html[/url]

    Thanks!

    Stephanie Schreiber Guest

  3. #3

    But I still don't know what they cause. "Stick" means what? It stops
    working? It stays down? What?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Stephanie Schreiber" <stephaniebassettandbrush.com> wrote in message
    news:BB3B167B.9785%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. .
    > Both cause the same thing to happen... any ideas? (I'm new at Dreamweaver
    > AND this message board) Thanks!
    >
    > > From: "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com>
    > > Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver
    > > Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:24:50 -0400
    > > Subject: Re: Sticky Rollovers
    > >
    > > Stephanie:
    > >
    > > Stick? And are you using the browser's back button or the back button
    on
    > > your page?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > > ANSWERS
    > > ==================
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > ==================
    > >
    > > "Stephanie Schreiber" <stephaniebassettandbrush.com> wrote in message
    > > news:BB3B1352.9779%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. .
    > >> Hi there I am working on a site with some large rollovers. When I test
    the
    > >> site in Internet Explorer 5.1 the rollovers "stick" when I hit the BACK
    > >> button. When I test in Netscape 6 they work perfectly. Is there
    anything I
    > >> can do to the code to keep this from happening? Here's the link to the
    > > test
    > >> site...

    [url]http://www.bassettandbrush.com/clientprojects/sweet_dreams_site/shop.html[/url]

    > >> Thanks!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    Stephanie:

    It works as expected for me on IE6/W2KPro, but fails on IE5x/Mac.

    Looking at the code on your page, I see a couple of surprising things (as
    opposed to the content of your site!). You have two body tags, and a
    duplication of js on the page. This is bad stuff here....

    It looks like the Library Item you have placed on that page is not a code
    fragment but is a complete page in itself. That's not how it should be. A
    library item should not contain any <head> region content, or <html>,
    <head>, or <body> tags.

    In addition, this is horrible table code -

    <TR>
    <TD height="7"></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    </TR>

    So - I'd clean up those pages, I'd fix that Library Item, I'd redo that
    whole table (it's a mess) and see if the problem then persists.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Stephanie Schreiber" <stephaniebassettandbrush.com> wrote in message
    news:BB3B2293.98D0%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. .
    > Oh!!!! Ok when you roll over any of several links, the image changes...
    > looks like a GREEN TAB. You click - go to a shopping cart program. From
    > there you can hit the browser "back" button OR hit a "back" link and you
    > return to the page with the rollover GREEN TAB still "on". If you mouse
    over
    > the GREEN TAB again it will turn off. If you do NOT mouse over the on
    GREEN
    > TAB and roll over a different link a new GREEN TAB turns on. You click...
    go
    > to shopping cart... hit "back" and 2 GREEN TABS are on. How can I keep
    this
    > from happening?
    >
    > Here's the link again. Try it if you can...
    >
    > [url]http://www.bassettandbrush.com/clientprojects/sweet_dreams_site/shop.html[/url]
    >
    > > From: "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com>
    > > Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver
    > > Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:53:29 -0400
    > > Subject: Re: Sticky Rollovers
    > >
    > > But I still don't know what they cause. "Stick" means what? It stops
    > > working? It stays down? What?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > > ANSWERS
    > > ==================
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > ==================
    > >
    > > "Stephanie Schreiber" <stephaniebassettandbrush.com> wrote in message
    > > news:BB3B167B.9785%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. .
    > >> Both cause the same thing to happen... any ideas? (I'm new at
    Dreamweaver
    > >> AND this message board) Thanks!

    > > on

    > > GET

    > > the
    BACK
    > > anything I

    [url]http://www.bassettandbrush.com/clientprojects/sweet_dreams_site/shop.html[/url]

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    you have a restore image on mouse out....and that works just fine...you also need to have restore (swap) image "on click"...that should fix it.........

    nice looking and fast loading page....:)...dave

    discman webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks Murray! like I said, I am anew at all this so the code is hard for me
    to fully "get" but I am learning. The table you are talking about was
    created by ImageReady when I sliced up the layout. I thought it would be an
    easy way to make the table. I recreated the same table and looked at the
    code. Yikes - huge difference. I'll remember this.

    Now for the Library Item... it's a table with the navigation images and
    rollovers. How can I make it a snippet instead of a complete page? Is this
    also the reason why the JavaScript is duplicated?

    I was afraid I'd get hammered if a professional looked at my page! I design
    packaging, logos, marketing material, etc. I can't wait to really get a
    handle on web.

    I'll re-post the site soon and I'll ask you to look at the code again for
    me.

    Thanks!
    Stephanie

    Stephanie Schreiber Guest

  7. #7

    Stephanie:

    I'll be glad to take a look when you need me to. I am catching up from 10
    days away on vacation so it may take a bit for me to find your subsequent
    posts....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    news:BB3C523B.9D0A%stephaniebassettandbrush.com.. .

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  8. #8

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:43:21 -0400, "Murray *TMM*"
    <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    >I am catching up from 10
    >days away on vacation
    Welcome back! Hope the horse didn't throw you. ;-)

    Gary
    Gary White Guest