Professional Web Applications Themes

Stock Photography - Site Design Question - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I'm sorry that this post is in the Macromedia.Flash (as well as the Dreamweaver) forum, but 1) i have learned a ton about dreamweaver, fireworks, and flash using these forums, and 2) most of the people who respond have great sites that I enjoy looking at and learning from. I am a presently working to design several sites in order to build not only my experience, but my portfolio. Some are for free, a few I am charging. My question to the forum (advanced users, as well as the "not-so") is this: Where is the best place to get stock ...

  1. #1

    Default Stock Photography - Site Design Question

    I'm sorry that this post is in the Macromedia.Flash (as well as the
    Dreamweaver) forum, but 1) i have learned a ton about dreamweaver,
    fireworks, and flash using these forums, and 2) most of the people who
    respond have great sites that I enjoy looking at and learning from.

    I am a presently working to design several sites in order to build not only
    my experience, but my portfolio. Some are for free, a few I am charging.
    My question to the forum (advanced users, as well as the "not-so") is this:
    Where is the best place to get stock photography? I've seen sites where you
    pay per image, as well as subscription sites, but I would like to hear from
    the people I am learning from (mentor may not be the title you are seeking,
    but while I don't know any of you personally, that's what I think of you).

    Sorry, again for the post in this forum (and the repost in .dreamweaver),
    but I wanted to skip the preacher and go straight to the choir with this
    question.

    Thanks for your time,
    jb2k

    jb2k Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stock Photography - Site Design Question

    > Where is the best place to get stock photography?
    We bought several sets from Corbis and Comstock and been very happy with the
    quality/price. Periodically we get a promo package offered on sale that may
    be suitable for someone just starting up (such as yourself).

    Larry Wagar
    Skagit Media Productions
    larry <at> skagitmedia <dot> com
    [url]www.skagitmedia.com[/url]
    Featuring: Virtual Tours,
    No cost non-profit web solutions,
    Database driven ASP sites,
    Site hosting $8.25 month,
    50% discount for Non-Profits
    MLS Real Estate Sites

    "jb2k" <jbryant789nospamvzavenue.net> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry that this post is in the Macromedia.Flash (as well as the
    > Dreamweaver) forum, but 1) i have learned a ton about dreamweaver,
    > fireworks, and flash using these forums, and 2) most of the people who
    > respond have great sites that I enjoy looking at and learning from.
    >
    > I am a presently working to design several sites in order to build not
    only
    > my experience, but my portfolio. Some are for free, a few I am charging.
    > My question to the forum (advanced users, as well as the "not-so") is
    this:
    > Where is the best place to get stock photography? I've seen sites where
    you
    > pay per image, as well as subscription sites, but I would like to hear
    from
    > the people I am learning from (mentor may not be the title you are
    seeking,
    > but while I don't know any of you personally, that's what I think of you).
    >
    > Sorry, again for the post in this forum (and the repost in .dreamweaver),
    > but I wanted to skip the preacher and go straight to the choir with this
    > question.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > jb2k

    Larry Guest

  3. #3

    I will plug my friend Denis Scott.
    [url]http://www.denisscott.com[/url]

    Dan Sell is his rep. You can go to the Denis site to check out the samples.
    Call Dan for any questions.

    Any questions please call or e-mail Dan Sell at
    Sellinc.
    333 North Michigan Ave
    Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60601
    Phone 312-578-8844 Fax 312-578-8847
    e-mail [email]dsellsellinc.com[/email]
    [email]denisdenisscott.com[/email]

    William Kazak Guest

  4. #4

    Your post has replies in the Dreamweaver group.

    Warren

    "jb2k" <jbryant789nospamvzavenue.net> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry that this post is in the Macromedia.Flash (as well as the
    > Dreamweaver) forum, but 1) i have learned a ton about dreamweaver,
    > fireworks, and flash using these forums, and 2) most of the people who
    > respond have great sites that I enjoy looking at and learning from.
    >
    > I am a presently working to design several sites in order to build not
    only
    > my experience, but my portfolio. Some are for free, a few I am charging.
    > My question to the forum (advanced users, as well as the "not-so") is
    this:
    > Where is the best place to get stock photography? I've seen sites where
    you
    > pay per image, as well as subscription sites, but I would like to hear
    from
    > the people I am learning from (mentor may not be the title you are
    seeking,
    > but while I don't know any of you personally, that's what I think of you).
    >
    > Sorry, again for the post in this forum (and the repost in .dreamweaver),
    > but I wanted to skip the preacher and go straight to the choir with this
    > question.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > jb2k

    Warren B. Guest