They will execute at the same time (of course, the OS can time-slice, of course). But you might
have locking and blocking issued which might serialize the code, of course.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: [url]http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver[/url]

"John Motley" <Mcse4lifehotmail.com> wrote in message
I have a SQL Server stored procedure that can be executed from a button click on an asp page.

I was wondering what would happen if two users simultaneously try to execute the stored
procedure.

Will it create multiple instances and execute simultaneously? or

Will the stored procedure execute for one user, then when it is finished, execute for the second
user?