Professional Web Applications Themes

StoredProcedure and View - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

Hello! We have a Lotus Notes server. I have set up a linked server on the Sql server that connects to the 'table' in lotus notes. From there, I have created a stored procedure that pulls data from that table. All that is running great. But now, I want to have a view that joins the content of a SQL table with the content of the stored procedure. In essence, I want to join a table with a stored procedure. Is that possible? if not, what am I doing wrong? thank you. -Bahman...

  1. #1

    Default StoredProcedure and View

    Hello!

    We have a Lotus Notes server. I have set up a linked server on the Sql
    server that connects to the 'table' in lotus notes. From there, I have
    created a stored procedure that pulls data from that table.

    All that is running great.

    But now, I want to have a view that joins the content of a SQL table with
    the content of the stored procedure. In essence, I want to join a table with
    a stored procedure. Is that possible? if not, what am I doing wrong? thank
    you.

    -Bahman

    Bahman Lashgari Guest

  2. #2

    No, you can't do that. The stored procedure will have to
    be recreated as aview or the stored procedure can dump the
    data into a permanent table that can then be used in the
    view. The other way is to join the two tables in the
    stored procedure.

    DJoe Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: StoredProcedure and View

    Joe,

    You are correct. I am trying the second approach. I join them in the stored
    procedure. Then I link the tables to it in my application. This seems to be
    working very ok, as much a strange setup as it is. The only thing is that it
    is not super fast. It takes in the order of 1 1/2 minutes for the report to
    run. but that can be easily blamed on the Notessql driver. That thing is
    slow as hell. Or may be it is notes itself. I am not sure. Thanks for your
    reply. This worked great. Thanks again.

    -Bahman

    "DJoe" <DJoe> wrote in message
    > No, you can't do that. The stored procedure will have to
    > be recreated as aview or the stored procedure can dump the
    > data into a permanent table that can then be used in the
    > view. The other way is to join the two tables in the
    > stored procedure.

    Bahman Lashgari Guest