Professional Web Applications Themes

Strange Include problems: Repeat regions will Not workwith include file - Dreamweaver AppDev

I have a strange problem. I have an Index.asp page and on that page I have a poll that is displays. This poll is located in a sub folder, so to call the poll, I simply use <include\mypoll\poll>, (just a regular include synthax. TThe poll includes a repeat region that repeats the questions that's all. On my index.asp page (Home Page) that this poll is displayed on (as an include) I have a repeat region that lists announcements from another DB. (poll is in different DB). Problem is: For some reason, only the poll or the repeat region for my ...

  1. #1

    Default Strange Include problems: Repeat regions will Not workwith include file

    I have a strange problem. I have an Index.asp page and on that page I have a
    poll that is displays. This poll is located in a sub folder, so to call the
    poll, I simply use <include\mypoll\poll>, (just a regular include synthax. TThe
    poll includes a repeat region that repeats the questions that's all.

    On my index.asp page (Home Page) that this poll is displayed on (as an
    include) I have a repeat region that lists announcements from another DB. (poll
    is in different DB).
    Problem is:
    For some reason, only the poll or the repeat region for my announcement can
    function at any given time.
    That is, if I include the announcements (repeat region) The poll will not
    show. (display) and no errors are thrown, just white space. Only one of the
    repeat regions work at any given time.
    BUT if I do two repeat regions that don't have any include files, it works
    fine, so the problem is not that two repeat regions can not function on same
    page. SO my question is, what is wrong here and how do I get around it?
    Thanks,
    assigned

    logic Guest

  2. #2

    If each repeat region is alone on its repective page, they both probably try
    to use the name "repeat1". This will cause conflicts, as when the first
    repeat region exhausts itself, the second will think it has, too.
    Name one of your repeat regions. You can find the name by selecting the
    region, then looking in the property inspector.

    "logic" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I have a strange problem. I have an Index.asp page and on that page I have
    > poll that is displays. This poll is located in a sub folder, so to call
    > the
    > poll, I simply use <include\mypoll\poll>, (just a regular include synthax.
    > TThe
    > poll includes a repeat region that repeats the questions that's all.
    >
    > On my index.asp page (Home Page) that this poll is displayed on (as an
    > include) I have a repeat region that lists announcements from another DB.
    > (poll
    > is in different DB).
    > Problem is:
    > For some reason, only the poll or the repeat region for my announcement
    > can
    > function at any given time.
    > That is, if I include the announcements (repeat region) The poll will not
    > show. (display) and no errors are thrown, just white space. Only one of
    > the
    > repeat regions work at any given time.
    > BUT if I do two repeat regions that don't have any include files, it works
    > fine, so the problem is not that two repeat regions can not function on
    > same
    > page. SO my question is, what is wrong here and how do I get around it?
    > Thanks,
    > assigned

    Lionstone Guest

  3. #3

    You can use

    Recordset1.Requery

    to requery the recordset.

    --
    Jules
    [url]http://www.charon.co.uk/charoncart[/url]

    Julian Roberts Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks to you. After I reanamed one of the repeat regions, something other than
    Repeat2, it worked perfectly.
    Makes me wonder, when you use two repeat regions, Dreamweaver names them
    Repeat 1 and Repeat2. Repeat1 is clearly different from Repeat two. Dreamweaver
    should have figured that out LOL.
    Well thanks Limestone. Your solution works
    assigned

    logic Guest

  5. #5

    This works too.!