Professional Web Applications Themes

Strange problem with Forms authentication: After successfull login, login page is still displayed - ASP.NET Security

Hi there I have a quite strange problem with my ASP.NET-Application. The application has being deployed one year ago and worked fine till last month. It's a frame application. So that the user has to enter his credentials to login in the mainframe. This data is validated on a database. If username and password are validated, then the secured content is displayed. I'm working with two web.config files. One Web.Config in the root folder and the other one in the securefolder. All frames are in the same domain. When I try to login. The databasevaldation works fine, but the cookie ...

  1. #1

    Default Strange problem with Forms authentication: After successfull login, login page is still displayed

    Hi there

    I have a quite strange problem with my ASP.NET-Application.

    The application has being deployed one year ago and worked fine till
    last month.
    It's a frame application. So that the user has to enter his
    credentials to login in the mainframe. This data is validated on a
    database. If username and password are validated, then the secured
    content is displayed. I'm working with two web.config files. One
    Web.Config in the root folder and the other one in the securefolder.

    All frames are in the same domain. When I try to login. The
    databasevaldation works fine, but the cookie is not written on the
    client side, so that the loginpage is redisplayed. More strange:
    Sometime it works. It's quite difficult to reproduce the problem. On 5
    tries, 2 fails. I think that this problem could be related to a
    IE-Security patch. As I said, the problem was observed for the first
    time last month. Has anybody observed a similar problem?

    Thanks for your help

    Pascal Blanchard
    Pascal Blanchard Guest

  4. #4

    Here some additional information.

    For page access SSl is used. In the web.config the following data was added:

    loginUrl="login.aspx"
    protection="All"
    requireSSL="true">

    Best regards

    Pascal
    Pascal Blanchard Guest

  5. #5

    Default Strange problem with Forms authentication: After successfull login, login page is

    I have the same problem, had u find any solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Blanchard View Post
[...]

    Unregistered Guest