Professional Web Applications Themes

Strange things in Opera... - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hi All... I have a small and rather odd problem that I've not encountered before, and from what I can see it could be browser specific. We have recently launched our new website - [url]www.website-designs.com[/url] which works perfectly we believe in Internet explorer... the problem comes when opening the site up in the latest version of Opera... The flash fails to load correctly, it hangs almost and then a script type error message comes up saying that a script in the movie is causing flash to run slowly... (Player 7) and asking if we wish to abort the script... Obviously ...

  1. #1

    Default Strange things in Opera...

    Hi All...

    I have a small and rather odd problem that I've not encountered before, and
    from what I can see it could be browser specific.

    We have recently launched our new website - [url]www.website-designs.com[/url] which
    works perfectly we believe in Internet explorer... the problem comes when
    opening the site up in the latest version of Opera...

    The flash fails to load correctly, it hangs almost and then a script type
    error message comes up saying that a script in the movie is causing flash to
    run slowly... (Player 7) and asking if we wish to abort the script...

    Obviously not a good sign.... and a message that baffles me...
    but here is the really strange part. When
    testing the site locally the site works fine in Opera, it only fails when we
    upload it and try to run it off of the Internet.

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Thanks

    Steve

    PS - SorryScript is too large to post....

    Steve Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Strange things in Opera...

    hello
    I get the same thing with netscape 7.1

    Steve wrote:
    > Hi All...
    >
    > I have a small and rather odd problem that I've not encountered before, and
    > from what I can see it could be browser specific.
    >
    > We have recently launched our new website - [url]www.website-designs.com[/url] which
    > works perfectly we believe in Internet explorer... the problem comes when
    > opening the site up in the latest version of Opera...
    >
    > The flash fails to load correctly, it hangs almost and then a script type
    > error message comes up saying that a script in the movie is causing flash to
    > run slowly... (Player 7) and asking if we wish to abort the script...
    >
    > Obviously not a good sign.... and a message that baffles me...
    > but here is the really strange part. When
    > testing the site locally the site works fine in Opera, it only fails when we
    > upload it and try to run it off of the Internet.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > PS - SorryScript is too large to post....

    ramcan Guest

  3. #3

    Well, your site hung-up my IE 6.0 running on WinXP. Something's going on.

    Rob

    "Steve" <steve-nospamfx-digital.nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All...
    >
    > I have a small and rather odd problem that I've not encountered before,
    and
    > from what I can see it could be browser specific.
    >
    > We have recently launched our new website - [url]www.website-designs.com[/url] which
    > works perfectly we believe in Internet explorer... the problem comes when
    > opening the site up in the latest version of Opera...
    >
    > The flash fails to load correctly, it hangs almost and then a script type
    > error message comes up saying that a script in the movie is causing flash
    > run slowly... (Player 7) and asking if we wish to abort the script...
    >
    > Obviously not a good sign.... and a message that baffles me...
    > but here is the really strange part. When
    > testing the site locally the site works fine in Opera, it only fails when
    we
    > upload it and try to run it off of the Internet.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > PS - SorryScript is too large to post....

    Rob Solberg Guest

  4. #4

    strange... what version of Flash Player are you using ???

    thanks

    Steve

  5. #5

    Hi

    For those interested... I've just uploaded the actionscript at
    [url]www.website-designs.com/script_menu.txt[/url]

    Perhaps it's as simple as a syntax error...
    if you've got the time I would appreciate your help on getting this to run
    properly...

    I've also checked and it's not working with Netscape... stange... but I've
    windows XP Pro, Flash Player 7 and it works fine...

    Help.....

    thanks

    Steve

    Steve Guest