Professional Web Applications Themes

Stratego for OSX - Mac Applications & Software

On 24 Aug 2003 15:40:54 GMT, Leo (comnojunk) wrote:  Hey diaper-boy: What does this have to do with this newsgroup? Take it to comp.sys.mac.games Besides - what do you care, OS X doesn't run on your 6100. Bev -- Bev A. Kupf "The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne" -- Chaucer...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Stratego for OSX

    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    Bev Guest

  2. #2

    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    Does it not run in Classic mode? (I'll skip over whether being able to
    play a specific game can truly be considered "essential.")
    Sue Guest

  3. #3

    >Hey diaper-boy:
    Gee a new title! This is better than some of the other names some call me.

    Granted. I did not look for a game Newsgroup.

    I do not have a 6100 I have a 6360, which is much better. With a 6360 I can
    install a USB/Firewire card to take advantage of newer hardware, IDE hard
    drives so I can take advantage of lower prices, a 100 base T Ethernet card,
    and a faster more powerful G3 upgrade card.

    The 6100 CANNOT use USB/Firewire, 100 base T Ethernet, and IDE hard drives.

    Besides one day I expect to get a New World G4 Macintosh. With the G5 out,
    that means the older units prices get slashed.

    --------------
    Vote George W. Bush for President in 2004!
    Vote Arnold Schwarzenegger for California Governor in 2003!

    Leo Guest

  4. #4

    >Does it not run in Classic mode? (I'll skip over whether being able to

    I hope it will. It was designed in 1989, and runs on my G3/300 OS 9.1
    Macintosh.

    His original freeware version for some reason does not run properly on my Mac.
    However I have tested it on NUBUS based PowerMacs and it does run. Oh well
    I've got the commercial version which is much better anyways.
    --------------

  5. #5

    > However, since Apple has provided Classic

    Okay I'm sorry I forgot that Classic Mode is not emulation.
    --------------

  6. #6

    >But first I wish he'd discuss his views on lying.

    BUSH RARELY LIES INTENTLY!!!
    --------------

  7. #7

    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    > BUSH RARELY LIES INTENTLY!!![/ref]

    Maybe, maybe not. All I can evaluate is whether he's lying, not his
    intention. However, it's really YOUR lying that interests me. You've
    lied so frequently that I truly have to wonder why you would consider
    honesty a virtue in others but not yourself.
    Sue Guest

  8. #8

    In article <aol.com>, Leo
    <comnojunk> wrote:

    Lucky for you I had an extra 5 seconds available to do a search =)

    Christopher S. Moore
    us
    Email replies must begin with "Re: " in Subject line or be killed.
    Chris Guest

  9. #9

    > In other words,

    Just like Bush there are issues I will not get involved with. If you wish to
    call me a liar, go ahead, no one is stopping you.
    --------------

  10. #10

    >Lucky for you I had an extra 5 seconds available to do a search =)

    How do we know the flavor offered here is any good, or its the real Stratego?
    There are some copycat Stratego clones, which are no way nearly as good as the
    game I reviewed and published an article and helped test on the url I gave with
    my original post.
    --------------

  11. #11

    Sue Rodgers <invalid> wrote:

    I'm sure you already realize this, but he's never going to respond.
    He's sort of acknowledged the multiple identity thing but never come
    close to saying anything that suggests he understands that the deception
    was wrong, and of course he's never some remotely close to apologizing.

    Feel free to keep trying, though! :-)

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  12. #12

    In article <aol.com>, Leo
    <comnojunk> wrote:

    > How do we know the flavor offered here is any good, or its the real Stratego?
    > There are some copycat Stratego clones, which are no way nearly as good as the
    > game I reviewed and published an article and helped test on the url I gave
    > with
    > my original post.[/ref]

    I guess we don't know. I'm in the position where I couldn't really care
    less one way or another. Your in the position where I guess you'll
    never know, unless you take the inititive to research the subject. I
    only do Google searches for people once per subject. My guess is that
    as your reading this you've yet to even try.

  13. #13

    >repeatedly lied in this and other newsgroups by

    Outside of the Mac newsgroups most people do not have any trouble with me. The
    Mac people sure know how to bash people is all I can say. No wonder many of my
    PC friends consider mac people freaks, morons, and obsessive computer addicts.
    I used to defend Mac people, but you wont see me doing this anymore.
    --------------

  14. #14

    >I guess we don't know. I'm in the position where I couldn't really care

    Unfortunately I cannot for several reasons.

    1. I do not have OSX
    2. For the temporary moment I'm using a dial-up connection to AOL. So surfing
    the web is not in my list of things to do. When I get my High Speed Internet
    back for good, this will change, and I can use IE 5.1, which is zions ahead of
    IE 4.0 what AOL uses.

    But thanks for your effort. You did better than most people here even with the
    little effort.
    --------------

  15. #15

    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    > Outside of the Mac newsgroups most people do not have any trouble with me.
    > The Mac people sure know how to bash people is all I can say.[/ref]

    Okay, YOU lied, and WE'RE at fault for being upset by it. You say that
    outside of the Mac groups people have no trouble with you, and that's
    yet another lie. Bev has already posted examples of how you've carried
    out the same lies elsewhere and the response you've gotten. There's no
    evidence you've done the same thing in Windows newsgroups, so of course
    you're not getting the same response.

    By the way, as you've been told repeatedly, the correct term is _flame_,
    not bash.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  16. #16

    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    > Outside of the Mac newsgroups most people do not have any trouble with me.[/ref]

    You, sir, are side-stepping the issue. In THIS newsgroup you have lied.
    In THIS newsgroup you are being taken to task for said lying.

    Or is it your defense that your lying here is somehow justified?
    Sue Guest

  17. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Mike Guest
    Moderated Post

  18. #18

    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    > How do we know the flavor offered here is any good, or its the real Stratego?[/ref]

    You said "we've yet to see one." That's all. He's seen one. It's up
    to you to evaluate it if you wish. By the way, the _real_ Stratego is a
    board game with plastic pieces. Did you know that?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Guest

  19. #19

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:42:50 GMT, "Bev A. Kupf"
    <mimnet.northwestern.edu> wrote:

    I was seriously curious about that. Calling this guy a "pinhead dweeb"
    is an insult to pinhead dweebs.

    forge Guest

  20. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator