I'm hoping someone else in these forums has knowledge of doing live streaming
via Flash Comm and getting disconnected while streaming. We use VitalStream as
our FlashComm provider. We use their online Live Encoder. Using our LAN, we
are able to produce good quality video and never get disconnected from the
encoder. While using our satellite (Optistreams), we get disconnected very
often. Most of the time after only 5 seconds or so. I'm assuming this has
something to do with the inherent latency within satellites? Can anyone concur
or has anyone seen this problem? I've tested this same situation using Windows
Media Services and I run into the same disconnect problems, so I'm sure it
isn't the provider. The only plus to WMS is that the encoder actually tells
you that you have been disconnected ;) Thank you for any insight. Scott