Professional Web Applications Themes

student looking for research - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hey everybody, I am a student in UK, at a university called Leeds. I am currently doing my Final Year Project and it is worth a large percentage of my degree. I have chosen to create E-Learning software, using Macromedia Flash. I am posting here to see if you know of any publications/research that would be relevant to my project. Please see my aim and minimum requirments below; To create an interactive learning tool for secondary school children studying Biology The project outline is: Background reading: Literature research concerning learning aids,educational approaches,and computer based learning Methodology: Research into field, develop ...

  1. #1

    Default student looking for research

    Hey everybody,
    I am a student in UK, at a university called Leeds. I am currently doing my Final Year Project and it is worth a large percentage of my degree. I have chosen to create E-Learning software, using Macromedia Flash. I am posting here to see if you know of any publications/research that would be relevant to my project.

    Please see my aim and minimum requirments below;

    To create an interactive learning tool for secondary school children
    studying Biology

    The project outline is:

    Background reading:
    Literature research concerning learning aids,educational approaches,and
    computer based learning

    Methodology:
    Research into field, develop system, Evaluate system.

    Product:
    Computer based learning system for Biology students in secondary school.

    Evaluation of product:
    Evaluation against all my research, users of the system will also evaluate

    the system.

    The minimum requirements are:
    1. Literature research into approaches into learning and computer based
    learning
    2. An investigation into existing computer learning systems
    3. Development of Computer based learning system using research gathered.
    4. Thorough evaluation of the system containing amongst other things,
    software testing, teacher and student critique.

    I am currently still at the literature review stage of the project, so I am gathering data on Teaching apporaches in the classroom and using software. I am also gathering information on existing E-learning systems. I will be looking into HCI techniques, specifially for effective interaction and usability with children. I will need to justify my use of the software I choose over Java/Html/PHP/MySQL atc...

    I know this is a mish mash of things to do on my part, but I was wondering if you had anyone you could put me in touch with or any knowledge of research yourself.

    Thanks for your time

    Mat

    M Pollard webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: student looking for research

    Hey mate

    Im a uni student in nottingham doing a final year project very similar to you! Im creating flash learning based games for children aged 10/11 at KS2 level. Im having to research into appropriate interface design tor kids... just wondering if you have any info that can help :) also since we're doing something similar it might be cool to see if we could help each other?

    Cheers
    Adam
    [email]ca102680ntu.ac.uk[/email]

    Uni_student_uk webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest