Professional Web Applications Themes

Studio MX is a rip off, Don't buy it - Macromedia Fireworks

I have recently spent over 1000 dollars for a 'suite' of programs to use in my home business. I now find I cannot use more than one program at any time across my network of three computers. You have ripped me off Macromedia, give me my money back. I would advise everyone to avoid purchasing Studio MX, it is a rip off. I will also be handing out my copy to as many people as possible. Hopefully this will cost them more than they made ripping me off....

  1. #1

    Default Studio MX is a rip off, Don't buy it

    I have recently spent over 1000 dollars for a 'suite' of programs to use in my home business.
    I now find I cannot use more than one program at any time across my network of three computers.

    You have ripped me off Macromedia, give me my money back.

    I would advise everyone to avoid purchasing Studio MX, it is a rip off. I will also be handing out my copy to as many people as possible. Hopefully this will cost them more than they made ripping me off.

    EdMX Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Studio MX is a rip off, Don't buy it

    "EdMX" com wrote:

    Why are you posting this here instead of calling customer service?

    Don't you think it's kind of dumb to threaten to do something that could
    land you in jain on a public forum?

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Linda Guest

  3. #3

    pssst .... you can return it. (shhhh ... don't tell anyone)

    "EdMX" <com> wrote in message
    in my home business.
    network of three computers.
    will also be handing out my copy to as many people as possible. Hopefully
    this will cost them more than they made ripping me off.

    Alexander Guest

  4. #4

    "EdMX" com wrote:

    That is a illegal and a violation of your license as you would have
    found out if you had bothered to read read your End User License
    Agreement before installing on several machines. FYI, the new Studio MX
    2004 EULA permits you to install on 2 machines. Maybe you should
    upgrade... ;-)

    As Linda said, it's very smart of you to admit to fraud on a public
    forum... ;-)

    FWIW, Macromedia did NOT rip you off. The type of EULA that came with
    Studio MX and that only lets you install your software on a single
    machine is very typical and widespread in the software industry. They
    have now relaxed it in the newest version as did Adobe with their CS
    suite. Software companies are adapting and changing it seems but don't
    come crying now after failing to get the proper information that
    Macromedia ripped you off, they didn't. This situation is all your fault
    and nobody else's...

    Stéphane Bergeron

    Stéphane Guest

  5. #5

    "EdMX" com wrote:

    Just return it to MM for a refund. And grow up while you're at it.

    --
    John
    John Guest

  6. #6

    Where is jain and how do I get there? :)
    BR

    Linda Rathgeber wrote:

    > Why are you posting this here instead of calling customer service?
    >

    > Don't you think it's kind of dumb to threaten to do something that could
    > land you in jain on a public forum?
    >
    > Linda Rathgeber
    > Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    > http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    > Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    > Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    > Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team
    Bill Guest

  7. #7

    It's where people are incarcerated for not using their spell checkers. Laws
    pertaining to violations and severity that are likely to get you sent there
    vary by municipalities ;o)

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Bill Ray" <com> wrote in message

    Sam Guest

  8. #8

    Sam Poikail wrote:

    The problem with spell checkers is that if an incorrectly spelled word
    is actually the correct spelling for a different word, the spell catcher
    doesn't catch it. :-) I meant jail, of course, but jain is a real word too.

  9. #9

    "Linda Rathgeber" <rr.com> wrote in message
    too.

    I know... I just couldn't resist BR's invitation to play.... personal
    foible.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    Sam Guest

  10. #10

    [ Please, if you could avoid crossposting, then that would work out
    better for everyone, thanks... here's a reply from one of the other
    copies you posted. ]

    "EdMX" com wrote:

    Actually, if you did so under prior versions then you would have been
    breaking the license agreement, which was "one sale, one machine". I
    don't think you would have been in actual legal danger, as the company
    really reserves that for real abuse rather than workflow issues, but
    running it on three machines wasn't kosher before.

    (The MX 2004 license agreement explicilty liberalizes this, by
    authorizing the same code purchase to work on two machines, because it's
    now possible to confirm that it isn't being used on many, many machines.)

    If you're unhappy, for whatever reason, then that's valid. If you
    already placed an order for Director MX 2004 it's easy to cancel. If
    you're instead referring to Studio MX 2004 then the money-back period
    lasts 30 days, just like the pre-activation period:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/service/ts/doents/return_info.htm

    I really would advise not writing such things, much less doing them. I'm
    not going to bring your post to the attention of com
    myself, but I don't know what others may do with your admission. Not
    advisable...!

    jd

    --
    John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco CA
    Soapbox column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/

    John Guest

  11. #11

    Yeah.....In High School I was trying to get into.....well....nevermind...

    ;)

    BR

  12. #12

    if it is that important to you to be able to use the software on three machines (BTW how is this humanly possible without, obviously, having three people?) there are the 'right people' out there who can help you with your problem.

    i say no more ;)

    Danny Guest

  13. #13

    You are indeed bold, Danny McCann....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "Danny McCann" <com> wrote in message
    machines (BTW how is this humanly possible without, obviously, having three
    people?) there are the 'right people' out there who can help you with your
    problem.

    Murray Guest