Professional Web Applications Themes

Studio MX vs Dreamweaver MX - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Sirs: I have been trying to find out the true diff between the two packages and have yet to totally find out. 1. Can you get a version of studio mx for profit if you are not into educational field or a student. 2. Is the entire capability of dreamweaver MX in the for-profit studio mx package-- which one. 3. What are the price differences of the two. sincerely rick...

  1. #1

    Default Studio MX vs Dreamweaver MX

    rjkbright webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Studio MX vs Dreamweaver MX

    "rjkbright" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Sirs: I have been trying to find out the true diff between the two
    packages and have yet to totally find out. 1. Can you get a version of
    studio mx for profit if you are not into educational field or a student.

    You mean "not for profit" ?? No ... I believe you have to fall into the
    educational field to do so. On the other hand, the tools will pay for
    themselves if you pass on a portion of the cost to several clients.

    2. Is the entire capability of dreamweaver MX in the for-profit studio mx
    package-- which one.

    Yes. The Studio contains Dreamweaver MX and also Fireworks MX, Flash MX,
    Homesite +, a developer's edition of Cold Fusion MX and Freehand 10 (that
    may be Freehand MX now .. it's been awhile since I got mine). There is also
    Studio MX Plus that includes Contribute.

    3. What are the price differences of the two.

    I'm not sure .. check at the Macromedia Store site .. all current prices are
    there.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX/UltraDev

    Nancy Gill Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Rick,

    1. Yes you can this is the "Commercial" license.

    2. Studio MX is a collection of Software. With Studio MX, you get
    Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Freehand. If you're on windows and
    purchase Studio MX plus you also get Contribute. So yes, you would get a
    "full Dreamweaver MX" with Studio MX.

    3. Studio MX costs $899, Dreamweaver MX costs $399.

    -- Mike
    ---------------
    Michael Langner
    Macromedia Dreamweaver Technical Support

    "rjkbright" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Sirs: I have been trying to find out the true diff between the two
    > packages and have yet to totally find out. 1. Can you get a version
    > of studio mx for profit if you are not into educational field or a
    > student. 2. Is the entire capability of dreamweaver MX in the
    > for-profit studio mx package-- which one. 3. What are the price
    > differences of the two.
    >
    > sincerely rick

    MLangner-MMTS Guest

  4. #4

    I'ld like to add, if you have 2 prequalifying products:
    ie dreamweaver 4, flash 5, Fireworks 4,
    You can get the Studio MX upgrade for substantially less.

    --
    markinoregon
    Website under construction as allways!
    "MLangner-MMTS" <supportinfomacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > 1. Yes you can this is the "Commercial" license.
    >
    > 2. Studio MX is a collection of Software. With Studio MX, you get
    > Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Freehand. If you're on windows and
    > purchase Studio MX plus you also get Contribute. So yes, you would get a
    > "full Dreamweaver MX" with Studio MX.
    >
    > 3. Studio MX costs $899, Dreamweaver MX costs $399.
    >
    > -- Mike
    > ---------------
    > Michael Langner
    > Macromedia Dreamweaver Technical Support
    >
    > "rjkbright" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > > Sirs: I have been trying to find out the true diff between the two
    > > packages and have yet to totally find out. 1. Can you get a version
    > > of studio mx for profit if you are not into educational field or a
    > > student. 2. Is the entire capability of dreamweaver MX in the
    > > for-profit studio mx package-- which one. 3. What are the price
    > > differences of the two.
    > >
    > > sincerely rick

    markinoregon Guest