Professional Web Applications Themes

Stuffit 7 for Windows - Mac Applications & Software

Can anyone help me locate a download link to Stuffit Version 7 for Windows? Aladdin provides Version 8 from their website but have unfortunately eliminated the "Cross Platform" features that I need to import Mac archive files into the PC world. Thanks in advance for any help provided in locating this program. -- Warren No spam address used. Please reply to group only....

  1. #1

    Default Stuffit 7 for Windows

    --
    Warren

    No spam address used. Please reply to group only.

    Warren Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stuffit 7 for Windows

    To clarify further, I'm just looking for the Expander component. Sorry for
    any confusion.

    "Warren" <com> wrote in message
    Windows?

    Warren Guest

  3. #3

    In article <Hchbb.478$bellglobal.com>,
    "Warren" <com> wrote:

    What functionality are you missing? I don't have Windows machine in
    arms' reach to try, but they claim Expander 8 deals with SIT and HQX
    files. Dealing with HQX would imply dealing with BIN.

    <http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/index.html>
    Gregory Guest

  4. #4

    Aladdin changed the way they pack up the free stuff. Expander used to be it's
    own download, but now you download the whole thing and get limited features
    and prompts to buy the application. But in any case, 8 does everything 7
    did.

    Tim Guest

  5. #5

    In article <j0hbb.1568$bellglobal.com>,
    "Warren" <com> wrote:

    Dumb question time. What "Cross Platform" features did they eliminate?
    Bruce Guest

  6. #6

    My little project is converting compressed Mac OS X icons to Windows icons.

    The Version 7 Expander had a Cross Platform tab (which is still referred to
    in the Version 8 help, even though it doesn't exist) which allowed the user
    to adjust a few settings (I think the most important setting is "Always save
    Mac files in MacBinary format"). With Version 7 the .sit or .hqx files are
    expanded with no trouble and I can access the icon files in Windows by
    changing the file extension to .icns. With Version 8 Expander, when I
    expand .sit or .hqx files I get error messages and icon files are of zero
    size. This is a sure sign that the Version 8 Expander is not set up
    properly, because Version 7 works the same way if you don't tweak the "Cross
    Platform" settings.

    Part of the problem may be that I don't understand the technology, but I
    can't figure out any tweaks in the Version 8 user interface which will
    expand the compressed Mac icon files suitable for use in Windows. The
    Version 7 Expander (after a few quick adjustments to Cross Platform
    settings) works like a charm in this regard.

    "Bruce Grubb" <com> wrote in message
    news:zianet.com... [/ref]
    Windows? [/ref]
    archive

    > Dumb question time. What "Cross Platform" features did they eliminate?[/ref]

    Warren Guest

  7. #7

    In article <fAsbb.2905$bellglobal.com>,
    "Warren" <com> wrote:

    > > Dumb question time. What "Cross Platform" features did they eliminate?[/ref]
    >[/ref]

    If you could describe the tweaks, someone might be able to figure out
    what's happening.

    --
    Gordon Alley <*>
    <mailto:net>

  8. #8

    Version 7 Expander requires the following settings on the "Cross Platform"
    tab. (1) "Never" convert text files to Windows Format (default=Never), (2)
    "Always" save Macintosh files in MacBinary Format (default=Never), (3)
    "Never" add file extension

    I'm not sure what all that means, but those are the settings required to
    make Version 7 Expander work. I don't seem to have the option of changing
    these parameters in Version 8 Expander

    "Gordon B. Alley" <net> wrote in message
    news:texas.rr.com... [/ref][/ref]
    eliminate?
    > [/ref]
    icons. [/ref]
    to [/ref]
    user [/ref]
    save [/ref]
    are [/ref]
    zero [/ref]
    "Cross

    > If you could describe the tweaks, someone might be able to figure out
    > what's happening.
    >
    > --
    > Gordon Alley <*>
    > <mailto:net>