Professional Web Applications Themes

Stupid dreamweaver - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Does anyone have the same problem with rollovers as I have? When you put buttons on a page and attach the behaviors, the rollovers stay open, or they stop working after a day or so. This is really irritatiing having to back over and over work just to make sure stuff works. Any ideas, fixes?...

  1. #1

    Default Stupid dreamweaver

    fridge webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Stupid dreamweaver

    URL?

    --
    Colm
    [url]http://www.moosepucky.com/links/links.cfm[/url] > Links

    "fridge" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have the same problem with rollovers as I have? When you put
    buttons on a page and attach the behaviors, the rollovers stay open, or they
    stop working after a day or so. This is really irritatiing having to back
    over and over work just to make sure stuff works. Any ideas, fixes?

    colm Guest

  3. #3

    I haven't got as far as putting it on the server yet. I have to present a working model before it gets that far. I won't be very popular if the rollovers keep freaking out on me.

    fridge webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    It's not yet on the web, I'm still building and testing it at the moment. As I said, when you press f12 to test it in the browser, some times the rollovers work sometimes they don't.

    fridge webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    "fridge" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote in
    > I haven't got as far as putting it on the server yet. I have to present
    > a working model before it gets that far. I won't be very popular if the
    > rollovers keep freaking out on me.

    This may sound basic and foolish, but make sure that there are MouseOut
    behaviors as well.

    --
    Jeff Noel
    [url]www.budgetcreations.com[/url]

  6. #6

    OK, when I put the button(s) into the page and attach the behaviors ie, OnMouse and OnMouse out, and test in the browser it works fine. Sometimes when I go back to do more work on the page I find the OnMouse out behaviors are mysteriously un checked. Thats what the problem is, I'm assuming it's a bug in dreamweaver. As someone has already pointed out, the HTML doesn't wear out.

    fridge webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    This has been a great game so far, but why don't you just post the freakin' code if you want it
    fixed. Your descriptions are wonderful and all that, but ultimately the problem is in the code.

    --
    Colm Gallagher

    "fridge" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message news:bfk476$1in$1forums.macromedia.com...
    : OK, when I put the button(s) into the page and attach the behaviors ie, OnMouse and OnMouse out,
    and test in the browser it works fine. Sometimes when I go back to do more work on the page I find
    the OnMouse out behaviors are mysteriously un checked. Thats what the problem is, I'm assuming it's
    a bug in dreamweaver. As someone has already pointed out, the HTML doesn't wear out.
    :
    :

    colm Guest

  8. #8

    Here's what I've found when something similar happened. If you create a Rollover with Images using the Property Inspector you can establish both Rollover Behaviors, but then if you change one of the Images later on, only the OnMouseOver behavior is retained. You have to use the Behavior Panel to re-establish the OnMouseOut Image & Behavior. Actually it's good practice to use the Behavior Panel in any case for all Rollovers & also be sure to Save your work right away.
    Hope this helps.

    infra-man webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest