Professional Web Applications Themes

Submit a form - Complex! - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi all, I am very very troubled by my problem and am very nearly running out of time. I am not sure what I am trying to do is even possible. However, if it is I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I am designing ASP pages that work with my database. I have a page with a form. Various textbox criteria that the user can enter. The user then clicks the submit button, and is redirected to the appropriate page with the appropriate results of the criteria entered earlier, displayed. This all works fine. But what ...

  1. #1

    Default Submit a form - Complex!

    Hi all,

    I am very very troubled by my problem and am very nearly running out of time.
    I am not sure what I am trying to do is even possible. However, if it is I
    would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

    I am designing ASP pages that work with my database. I have a page with a
    form. Various textbox criteria that the user can enter. The user then clicks
    the submit button, and is redirected to the appropriate page with the
    appropriate results of the criteria entered earlier, displayed.

    This all works fine. But what I want to do is this:

    How do I give the user the choice to be directed to one of three following
    pages?? What I mean is, I wish to submit the form parameters to any of three
    following pages. Namely these are, Items to buy, Items to loan and all items.

    It would be perfect if there was a button in which I could attach a URL
    (where the form parameters should be passed to). But this is not the case. The
    Submit button in dreamweaver has no control over what URL the user is directed
    to. This is entered in the "form" parameter. And from what I know, I am only
    able to enter one here.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

    Ricky S

    Ricky S Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Submit a form - Complex!

    Hi,

    It is possible. You need to write a JavaScript function that will alter the
    action property of your form when it's submitted. Probably the easiest way
    to do this is to get rid of your traditional submit button, and create three
    submit links instead. These links call the JavaScript function with
    different parameters.

    The function itself just needs for find the form, change it's action
    property to the parameter supplied with the call, and submit the form. All
    pretty simple really.

    Rob

    Ricky S wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am very very troubled by my problem and am very nearly running out
    > of time. I am not sure what I am trying to do is even possible.
    > However, if it is I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can
    > give me.
    >
    > I am designing ASP pages that work with my database. I have a page
    > with a form. Various textbox criteria that the user can enter. The
    > user then clicks the submit button, and is redirected to the
    > appropriate page with the appropriate results of the criteria entered
    > earlier, displayed.
    >
    > This all works fine. But what I want to do is this:
    >
    > How do I give the user the choice to be directed to one of three
    > following pages?? What I mean is, I wish to submit the form
    > parameters to any of three following pages. Namely these are, Items
    > to buy, Items to loan and all items.
    >
    > It would be perfect if there was a button in which I could attach a
    > URL (where the form parameters should be passed to). But this is not
    > the case. The Submit button in dreamweaver has no control over what
    > URL the user is directed to. This is entered in the "form" parameter.
    > And from what I know, I am only able to enter one here.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Ricky S

    rob::db Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Rick,
    your deadline is passed O would say. Have got a little time for myself? I'm
    trying to get a login behaviour with some small database (mdb) and so far I get
    the asp page on my screen I can enter username and password but I'm not
    directled to a page. What do I do wrong?
    Tanxinadvance steven

    mister stefan Guest