Professional Web Applications Themes

Suitcase is freaking out about Helvetica in anew doent that doesnt even use Helvetica! - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

I got a brochure from a client today. It was set up originally by an ad agency. They are going to have us make changes to it and have it printed. But when I open it, I get about 5 or 6 boxes popping up interrupting me saying this: From Suitcase™: There was a conflict when attempting to activate the font Helvetica in the suitcase Helvetica for this doent. Please close the doent and resolve the conflict in the Suitcase application. I checked, and the doent doesnt even USE Helvetica! What the??? What am I supposed to do? Chris...

  1. #1

    Default Suitcase is freaking out about Helvetica in anew doent that doesnt even use Helvetica!

    I got a brochure from a client today. It was set up originally by an ad agency. They are going to have us make changes to it and have it printed. But when I open it, I get about 5 or 6 boxes popping up interrupting me saying this:

    From Suitcase™:

    Chris_Baham@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    It could be a space or something.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Well, when I go to Type>Find Font, there is no arial showing up there.
    Chris_Baham@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Arial or Helvetica? Doesn't matter, anyway, if they used either as their default paragraph font in their styles the doent thinks it needs it even though it isn't used and therefore is not in the Font List, you obviously cannot replace it if it is not used. You could ignore it I suppose, as long as your RIP doesn't dump it for having a conflict in the font department.
    Heather Bell Guest

  5. #5

    Actually, I misread your post. Helvetica does crop up if you make a PDF file. But you could have a "phantom font". Save as an INX file, and reopen in InDesign and see if it's still there.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hmm.. there are registration marks.. but they appear to be drawn in... where to I check to see if registration marks are turned "on" ??
    Chris_Baham@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Could it be embedded in a graphic (maybe a text box with a blank space that hasn't been converted to paths)?
    Diana Kwong Guest

  8. #8

    Diana - text normally does NOT have to be converted to paths.
    Nini Tjäder Guest

  9. #9

    Hey Chris,

    Font Finagler for OSX is a shareware that purges corrupt Mac OS X font caches to eliminate garbled text or font activation conflicts.
    Use it when Suitcase erroneously complains that a font you are activating conflicts with a system font. Download it at:

    <http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/fontfinagler/>

    Like chicken soup, it couldn't hurt!

    Mike Witherell in Washington DC
    Mike Witherell Guest

  10. #10

    Like chicken soup, it couldn't hurt!

    You're not a chicken, then? 8))

    Chris: you could create a new doent of the same dimensions as your rogue and copy everything there (paste in place). Does Suitcase complain abut the new doent?
    DavidT Guest