Professional Web Applications Themes

SUN Blade150 power management issue - Sun Solaris

Hi folks The SUNBlade150s I am deploying have a problem with going to sleep and not waking up. I have setup the power management features to disable sleeping, but the system will still go to sleep. I have attempted these settings using the cmd line utilities, but the system will still sleep. I finally resorted to disabling (not starting) powerd at boot, but he system still sleeps. Any thoughts on what I am obviously forgetting to do? This happens with Solaris9 running the lastest patch cluster. Solaris8 works fine and does not display this annoying behavior. Thanks in advance for ...

  1. #1

    Default SUN Blade150 power management issue

    Hi folks

    The SUNBlade150s I am deploying have a problem with going to sleep and
    not waking up. I have setup the power management features to disable
    sleeping, but the system will still go to sleep. I have attempted
    these settings using the cmd line utilities, but the system will still
    sleep. I finally resorted to disabling (not starting) powerd at boot,
    but he system still sleeps. Any thoughts on what I am obviously
    forgetting to do? This happens with Solaris9 running the lastest patch
    cluster. Solaris8 works fine and does not display this annoying
    behavior.

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    Larry Buss
    [email]labussmagothy.com[/email]
    Larry Buss Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: SUN Blade150 power management issue

    "Larry Buss" <labussmagothy.com> wrote in message
    news:c8d75044.0307291651.60bbfed5posting.google.c om...
    > Hi folks
    >
    > The SUNBlade150s I am deploying have a problem with going to sleep and
    > not waking up. I have setup the power management features to disable
    > sleeping, but the system will still go to sleep. I have attempted
    > these settings using the cmd line utilities, but the system will still
    > sleep. I finally resorted to disabling (not starting) powerd at boot,
    > but he system still sleeps. Any thoughts on what I am obviously
    > forgetting to do? This happens with Solaris9 running the lastest patch
    > cluster. Solaris8 works fine and does not display this annoying
    > behavior.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help.
    >
    > Larry Buss
    > [email]labussmagothy.com[/email]
    Hi Larry

    Power management is evil. Exorcise it:

    shinybork4-npt: $ pkginfo -i |grep "Power Man"

    system SUNWpmowm Power Management OW Utilities Man Pages
    system SUNWpmowr Power Management OW Utilities, (Root)
    system SUNWpmowu Power Management OW Utilities, (Usr)
    system SUNWpmr Power Management config file and rc script
    system SUNWpmu Power Management binaries
    system SUNWpmux Power Management binaries (64-bit)

    shinybork4-npt: $ pkgrm SUNWpmowm SUNWpmowr SUNWpmowu SUNWpmr SUNWpmu
    SUNWpmux

    cheers

    Sam N

    Sam N Guest