Professional Web Applications Themes

Swap image also swap link - Dreamweaver AppDev

Hi, I have a system set up where I have 5 thumbnails and when you roll-over one of the five it makes the large image above change to the corresponding image. I have the large image linked to a new page (so you can click on it to link to the next section). Is it possible to make it so that when you roll-over the thumbnail and the large image changes, that the link of the large image also changes? For example is you have you roll over the thumnail thumb_elephant.jpg, then the large image would change to full_elephant.jpg and ...

  1. #1

    Default Swap image also swap link

    Hi,

    I have a system set up where I have 5 thumbnails and when you roll-over one
    of the five it makes the large image above change to the corresponding
    image.

    I have the large image linked to a new page (so you can click on it to link
    to the next section).

    Is it possible to make it so that when you roll-over the thumbnail and the
    large image changes, that the link of the large image also changes?

    For example is you have you roll over the thumnail thumb_elephant.jpg, then
    the large image would change to full_elephant.jpg and when you click on the
    large image you go to elephant.html, or if you roll over the thumnail
    thumb_crow.jpg, then the large image would change to full_crow.jpg and when
    you click on the large image you go to crow.html ?

    Thanks for any help!
    Tim

    Timothy Robertson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Swap image also swap link

    hello,

    you can put every full image into a layer and set it by default to be hidden.
    then you can use the show/hide layer behavior to achieve the rollover effect
    you want. of course every image will have its own link so... there you go...

    goodbyedee Guest

  3. #3

    Yes. You can do this with custom javascript, or with show/hide layers.

    For the latter option, create a new layer for each link, and insert a
    transparent GIF image into the layer that is the same size as the large
    image to which it corresponds. Apply the link to that transparent GIF
    image. Superimpose all of these layers, and hide them all. Make the
    thumbnail click show the respective image, AND the respective layer, and
    hide all the other layers.

    See where I'm going with this?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Timothy Robertson" <robertsonm-2-design.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a system set up where I have 5 thumbnails and when you roll-over
    > one
    > of the five it makes the large image above change to the corresponding
    > image.
    >
    > I have the large image linked to a new page (so you can click on it to
    > link
    > to the next section).
    >
    > Is it possible to make it so that when you roll-over the thumbnail and the
    > large image changes, that the link of the large image also changes?
    >
    > For example is you have you roll over the thumnail thumb_elephant.jpg,
    > then
    > the large image would change to full_elephant.jpg and when you click on
    > the
    > large image you go to elephant.html, or if you roll over the thumnail
    > thumb_crow.jpg, then the large image would change to full_crow.jpg and
    > when
    > you click on the large image you go to crow.html ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    > Tim

    Murray *TMM* Guest