File Types (select SWF) --> Advanced --> New Enter "open" in the ACTION field. Browse to the Flash player in the field called "Application to be used for action. Click Ok a few times. Done. whew [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => velvetx [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> .swf file sssociation not working - FP8 w/ XP - Macromedia Flash Player

.swf file sssociation not working - FP8 w/ XP - Macromedia Flash Player

Ever since installing the trial of Flash 8 I cannot open/play .swf files in a standalone player. When I select XP option to "choose from list" the best player for this file type, and point it to the standalone player, my selection does not work. Anyone else having this problem? Got any solutions? Flash 8 trial. Flash 8 player Win XP SP2...

Default .swf file sssociation not working - FP8 w/ XP

Ever since installing the trial of Flash 8 I cannot open/play .swf files in a
    standalone player. When I select XP option to "choose from list" the best
    player for this file type, and point it to the standalone player, my selection
    does not work. Anyone else having this problem? Got any solutions?

Flash 8 trial.
    Flash 8 player
    Win XP SP2

velvetx Guest

Default Re: .swf file sssociation not working - FP8 w/ XP

Can you test a Movie From Flash 8 in the Flash Player 8 Standalone Player?
    What does your Folder Options say that SWF file has assigned to it? To get
    this informaiton you can SImply go to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options
    and choose the File Types Tab, Scroll down until you see SWF and select it.
    The window below should show you what application is assigned to it. You may
    even try deleting the File association here and recreating one with a SWF on
    your desktop.

---
    Regards,

Jason Wylie
    Senior Support Engineer
    Macromedia Technical Support
    Flash Player, Flash, Central

-- Please limit replies to newsgroup only, for the benefit of the community --

_jasonWylie Guest

When I test a movie from within Flash 8 it plays just fine. The player isn't
    broken --- just the file association. But the problem is that the file
    association chooser won't "select" the flash player. When I navigate to the
    player from under the folder options settings to "select the program from a
    list" the player isn't shown on the list. So I use the "browse to it" option.
    But it won't take the selection.

Currently the file type is listed in folder options as "shockwave flash object"

velvetx Guest

Okay I just fixed it:

There was no action assigned for the file type. Not sure how it got removed
    but here's how I created a new one:

Folder options --> File Types (select SWF) --> Advanced --> New
    Enter "open" in the ACTION field.
    Browse to the Flash player in the field called "Application to be used for
    action.
    Click Ok a few times. Done.

whew

velvetx Guest

BIG thank you for posting that fix. Had same problem here on WXP.
    warrenP Guest

Sir,

Im using Macromedia flash8. In that after completing my project, I am giving Export movie as .swf
    after when i opened that .swf file, nothing is there. blank screen appear., Pls help me what can i do?

Satish
    Chennai
    Unregistered Guest